Monday, June 2, 2008

the weekend report

Monday is here. It came fast, and yet slow. For whatever reason, Saturday felt like it was three days long. It wasn't a bad day or anything...I just got a lot done. So, Jason left on Friday night to go on the men's retreat. It was a little odd not doing our typical Friday "date night." I didn't really want to sit around all night so I called Rebekah Weeks to see if she wanted to go get
In-n-Out in A-town and then pay a visit to Target. So, we went up, enjoyed our In-n-Out, made friends with the family that was sitting next to us. (Our bond was formed through them eaves dropping on Bekah and I's conversation about Harrison Ford. Apparently the dad went to school with him and his brother.) We got to Target and I was beyond excited. I skipped from the car to the door of Target (just ask Rebekah...she thought it was funny...and slightly embarrassing!) I went there to get home stuff and left with...clothes! haha. Figures. The home stuff was actually cheaper at Bed, Bath, and Beyond so I couldn't have a wasted trip to Target...that would be silly! I scored though. I got a super cute $8 bathing suit, two pairs or great shorts ($11 each), and two super cute shirts...that I can wear both to work and around town. Yay! Concluding the trip, on the way home, Rebekah beep-boxed while I "rapped". It was great fun.

I woke up early on Saturday and went "yard saling". I drove by one place and they had nothing that I wanted. Then I got coffee and decided that I was done (just not in the mood). Oh well. At 9:30 I picked up my two black chairs that I mentioned in the post or two before this. They were actually being sold by a guy in the philosophy dept. that I knew. Small world. It was kinda funny when he opened the door. Then I got a pair of pants and a pair of jeans, $8 each, from Aeropostale in AG (what a deal!). I hit the kitchen store in the outlets there but it was a bust. I was then plagued with cramps. I went home and watched 27 Dresses, which was...cute. Once those subsided I went and washed and vacuumed Jason's truck. After that I did some actual kitchen and home shopping at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. I closed the day with some sushi for dinner, painting my toes (Cara couldn't get a babysitter for our pedicure), and watching "Juno." (Two movies in one day...what a loser.)

Sunday was church, the second to last Sunday school class for this year, and lunch with my mom and brothers. At about 4:00 Jason came home and I met up with him, had coffee, and talked about his trip. And THAT was my weekend in sum! I'm hoping to get my bike frame back in the next couple of days. The hope is that I will be hittin' the trails this weekend. That may be a bit too hopeful though. I'm excited to post the "before and afters," and the process of my "beast" being made new!

Hasta Luego!

2 comments:

jenny said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Wish I could have spent it with you. :-) I know! Can you believe this kid?? Proving to be a girl... no wonder she's been kicking me so much... I've been referring to her as my son! I agree... every woman does need a daughter. This one will be precious. Thanks for loving her already, Anna. I think my biggest fear is that her unlovliness will cause people to look upon her with disgust. But when I hear genuine comments such as your own, I know she will be loved. So thank you! Can't wait to see you in just a couple weeks.

Mama Mote said...

Anna...I love Target runs. Of course, I usually do them with Danielle or Noonie. But Danielle and I go to Weinerschnitzel as our choice of eats. I'm starting to read more blogs and write more (it's hard to stay on top of it, though - can't think of what to write). So I'm adding you to my list. Glad you and Rebekah had fun.