Friday, June 20, 2008

WooHoo!

It's Friday!!! This weekend's agenda involves the following: an early mountain bike ride to beat the heat, finish organizing and unpacking mi casa, Saturday morning Farmer's Market, beach, beach, BEACH, and Cara's baby shower...which I still don't know what time it starts. Anyone know? The invitation got lost in the move.

So, this morning the alarm went off at 5:15am. I got up, loaded the truck, and was off at 6am (and I'm pretty sure it was 80 degrees). I got to the studio, unloaded it, unpacked some, organized some and...it's coming together nicely. The studio isn't perfect, that's for sure. There are stains on the walls, carpet, and etc. With all my junk in there though you can't really tell...as much. Overall too, I'm just so thankful that I HAVE a home. It's a gorgeous mansion to half the world. I was thinking about Mexico and how all the kids are down there this week building homes. The fact that a large family lives in half my space, with no running water, or anything is just so humbling. It makes me feel so stupid for being selfish and winy about a dirty house. Give me a break. If half the world was given my house to live in they would JOYFULLY clean it up, with out a doubt. So, thank you Lord for blessing me! Help me to see ALL that you have given me and that I truly deserve nothing.

So, I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday. Try to stay cool!!! Oh yes, so, obviously it was very very very hot yesterday. Well, I came home...to Megan's home and the house was sweltering. Uggh. I could NOT fall asleep because I just couldn't get comfortable. So, I took my quilt, spread it out on the floor, through the pillow down with it and completely slept through the night. :-). It was so much cooler on the floor. A note: I don't recommend this to anyone who is pregnant, or has back problems. It sort of reminded me though of being a kid. From about the age of 8-13 I would fall asleep on the floor...with nothing, not even a pillow (in the summer, North Carolina winters were freezing!). I'd fall asleep and then at about 2am I'd wake up and crawl into bed. Weird. I'd also sleep on the driveway on warm days. I still think that it feels so comfy to lay on the driveway...weird.

0 comments: