Thursday, June 5, 2008

Ikea possibility and dreamin' of a vay-kay!

So, there is the lovely possibility of me actually getting to go to Ikea...because of the wonderful Iunker ladies!!! Lindsey has a doctor's appt. for her foot (big surprise! haha. jk Linds...I love you and your gimpified foot!). Her appt. is somewhere up north, near Palo Alto and that is where Ikea is. Her and her brother are moving out and getting a place and so they too are in need of very cheap house stuff. The catch is that it's on a Monday, thus I need to get it off from work. Hopefully it works out! If so...yay! And you thought I was excited to go to Target. Targets got nuthin' on Ikea!

So, I still don't have my frame back. Hopefully I will get it back today or tomorrow. I'm desperate to ride again. Ugggh. We have to replace the bearings (or we want to since it's all taken apart) in my bottom bracket. Hopefully we'll do that today so that if I DO get the frame back, then we can get started on puttin' that puppy back together!

I move into my new abode in a week and a half. Yay! I'm super excited. I had a realization though last night. I'm taking a week off at the end of July to go camping with Jason's family. I'm beyond excited. It's a week of camping, fishing, hiking, bouldering at Bishop, and mountain biking at Mammoth...pretty much the perfect vacation. This is the first time though that I've taken a vacation while working full time and paying rent. A week of no work makes my check $400 less. That's a big deal. I realized that I'm going to have to be a little more thrifty this next month and tuck away a little more to make up for that deficit. Lame! Now I see why everyone loves paid vacations.

It's been about 5 1/2 months since I started working full time. I feel like such a baby but...I need a vacation! I know, I know...it's been 5 whopping months! Still though. Working full time is so much...work. I could really use a little time to just be refreshed. Hopefully that will happen when we go camping. I'm trying not to count down the days...being that it is a little over a month away! :-) So...here's some pictures of a couple of the things we will be doing. I thought I would live vicariously through the people in the pictures for the mean time!

One of the trails in Mammoth! There's about 100 miles of single track to be explored. Good thing I have a new fork! :-)


There's some definite downhill courses that will be a blast to do. If they're too technical for me...Jason will rock 'em.



One of the best features...the gondola rides to the top! Although, I realize that Jason won't let us be too lazy! :-) There will definitely be some uphill climbs!

Bouldering at Bishop! I've been wanting to go here since we started climbing. Hopefully it won't be too hot. It's better to climb in cool weather. The rocks have more friction!

See that mat at the bottom. That's what lies between you and great injury! ha! No, I won't climb too high...I think. :-)

2 comments:

Our Life Together said...

Again, Anna you make me feel so lazy. We are taking a vaca this summer to but it's to the Bahamas, I don't think there is any rock climbing, hiking or tough bicycle ridng trails there. I know you will have a great time and that's such a bummer you work full time and don't get any vacation time??? I find that weird. Anyway, I hope you make it to Ikea, and also they do have mattress there :).

Kristen Borland said...

ooooo, i hope you get to go to ikea!! it's so much fun, especially the first time you go. make sure you get a map! i thought it was so funny when they handed me a map...for a store! and the funnier thing is i actually had to use the map!

let us know if you don't go, and i'll still let you know if we end up going in a couple weeks.