Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Wednesday Ramblings

Well, we have made some progress on the studio. I think that if the toilet gets cleaned (I cleaned the rest of the bathroom but not the toilet... :-), and if the floors get swept and mopped, along with the refrigerator getting cleaned it will be livable. I'm going to purchase a couple of area rugs to cover up the nasty stained carpet and also get some wall hangings to cover the spots on the wall...oh, and make some curtains. I think we'll be good to go after that. Phew. Finally.

Last night I went to the Laity's to see Pastor Muralee. I met him in Sri Lanka on my second trip. He is an amazingly Godly man who is really doing the Lord's work over there in Sri Lanka. Despite all the violence and the war he is still praising God, not living in fear, and trusting in Him and the fact that God is not done with Sri Lanka. There is still work to be done there. It's always so refreshing to meet and talk with people like that. It makes you see how small your faith is. It makes you see how faithful and loving the Lord is, that He can comfort someone and be their one desire when everything around them is falling apart. It was so neat. The Laity's were great hosts and thanks for the amazing tea Lara! It totally felt like Sri Lanka. All we were missing was the 80 degree night time weather!!!! :-)

So, tonight is Jenny's baby shower. I just realized that I left her pie thing at home and that I rode my bike to work. Smooth move. Oh well, I'll figure out a way to get it. I'm not done with her gift though...sad. I guess I'll mail it to her and it will be one less thing she'll have to pack and go home with. Ok, have a great Wed. everyone!

1 comments:

Kali said...

Wow girl - you've been busy! You'll be so happy to just be all moved in that you'll forget about the spots on the carpet :) I can't wait to see the gift you made for Jenny! Guess we'll have to wait though so you don't ruin the surprise for her...oh well. Hope you're well!