Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Today as of Now!

So, I think that I would like to invest in a camera. Jason has a really nice one. He never uses it though and I'm always paranoid to borrow it. I would rather just have a cheaper one that I can bring everywhere and have fun with. My budget is between $100-$200. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Well, Jason was almost done with my bike yesterday. I say "was" because we just found out that the brake levers don't match the brakes. There were these old school booster things that they used to make it work but they are really old looking and the bearings in them are pretty much toast. We decided to take them off and try to use something else...no go. That was a mistake. Poor guy. He was soooo close. Now he may have to take all the cable out of the internal housing (which is the biggest pain in the rear). My other option is to buy a new/used set of more modern brake levers/shifters. That would be the easiest thing for him...the most expensive for me. I have my eye on a set on ebay but we'll see how high it goes up to.

I'm officially one month away from vacation...yay!!! I never realized how wonderful vacations were until I had to work full-time. This will be my first vacation in 7 months...not bad. I'm not sure if that's a long time. Probably not. It feels long to me though.

So, today's funny story:
The character's in today's story involve me and a little two or three year old girl with no pants on. She gets speech therapy along with her brother and sister, they're triplets and pretty much the cutest thing in the world. She has a tiny little girl voice and she says her r's like w's...so cute!

Me: "working"

Kid: Excuse me.

Me: Yes? (I try not to laugh upon realizing that she has no pants on).

Kid: I pottied.

Me: Oh, that's...good?

Kid: No, I pottied somewhere naughty.

Me: Oh, you did?

Kid: I pottied on your fwoor (floor).

Me: Oh, ok. (thinking, what in the world?)

Kid: My mommy said that I need to say saw-wee (sorry) for pottying on your fwoor.

Me: Oh, well, that's ok. I forgive you. Did you potty on the carpet?

Kid: yes.

Me: Can you show me so I can put some carpet spray on it?

Kid: Pwease don't spway (spray) me!

Me: What?

Kid: My mommy spways our kitties when they awe (are) naughty. I'm weally saw-ee (really sorry), pwease don't spway me (please don't spray me).

Me: *Laugh* Ok, I won't spray you. But can I put some spray on the floor to make it all clean again?

Kid: Yes.

Then I go and tell her mom who completely cracks up. I think that it's really funny that she made her little girl apologize to us for having an accident on our floor. They are the best behaved kids I've ever seen. I'm very impressed at her parenting skills. Ok, I just had to share that highlight of my day! :-) PS: I included a translation of what the little girl said...just in case I wasn't getting the effect across properly :-)!!!

4 comments:

Kate said...

Anna, I have a camera that you can have. It is film though. I just did some organizing in the back of our old desk and found it. It would need some new batteries and it already has film in it and I have another roll of film to go with it. Its comes in its own case. I have a few friends who still swear by film photos and thats all they use. Its all yours if you want it.

jenny said...

That is funnY! Where is my secret facebook message??

Carrie Haughey said...

Nokia has some really nice camera's for really decent prices... we have the L12 I think

Jason and Anna said...

oops, sorry jenny. i forgot. haha.