Monday, June 30, 2008

TADA!

Ok, so I'm totally acknowledging the fact that this is probably not all that exciting to you guys. BUT...it's very exciting to me soooooooo...bare with me! I got my new and dazzling (well, not new...it feels new though) bike back yesterday from the shop. Jason did an amazing job...including such hard things as getting the chain line straight. The only thing the guy at the shop really worked on was the back brake...which was sort of mushy before but now feels AMAZING! This bike has caused a ton of stress! Poor Jason has been working on it for a while now. He may not be super fast but he does a near perfect job. Good job Jason and thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for all the great work you put into getting my bike up and going. Sooooo...for some pictures now!

My Bike Before (shown below)...eeeew, isn't it old and ugly?!? :-) We had already put the new fork on and so I'm trying to hold up the old one in front of it.


Then Jason took it apart and I got the frame powder coated...I chose white...obviously!:-) Here it is fresh from the powder coat place!

Jason putting the bike back together...what a mechanic!!! Notice the King headset...oooh la la! Yes, one of my splurges!


The bike complete!!!!!


Me happy! (and looking like I just crawled out of bed...what's up with frizz?)



So, that's the bike in all of it's glory. The brakes feel amazing! The steering feels so smooth (that's what the King headset was for). I have more travel in the front with the new fork. There are no more annoying creaks anywhere in the bike. Most of all the peddling is soooooo smooth. That was the first thing I noticed when I hopped on the bike. Wow. Jason bought me the nice, more expensive bearings for the bottom bracket and yeah...they were worth every penny...that um, Jason spent! :-) So, I'm going on a test ride after work and am really excited. I hope I don't fall though! :-) I don't want to scratch my new paint job! hehe!

Also, I thought that I would go ahead and throw this picture in the mix. This is Pastor Muralee from Sri Lanka that we went and saw at the Laity's BBQ. I mentioned it in a blog a week or two ago. I love how they don't smile in pictures. It cracks me up!

Ok, well, I hope you enjoyed my bike stuff! :-) I hope everyone has a great day! Adios!

0 comments: