Monday, June 23, 2008

Aaah, coolness...finally.

Welp, it's Monday. The weekend was scorchin'. Well, Fri. and Sat. were. Sunday was beautiful. On Fri. I got off at 3pm. Jason got home at 4pm. We pretty much headed straight to Avila. We first got fish and chips from the Custom House for dinner. Then we went and got into the water. We left the beach at 7:30pm and it was still "beach weather". It was so weird.

On Saturday morning the Jase and I went downtown to get iced carmel macchiatos! Yumm...dessert in a cup!!! I had Cara's baby shower to go to at 10:30am. Jason didn't want to go home to his hot house and so I left him downtown to read in Barnes and Noble. I stole his car...as usual :-) A recommendation for those of you who like to read from Jason...if it's ever over 100 degrees outside, your house doesn't have AC, and you like to read...plant yourself at Barnes and Noble. Jason thoroughly enjoyed it and it was nice and cool.

After Cara's baby shower I went and rescued him from downtown (I felt bad leaving him down there for so long and so I left a little early :-/ ) We then went to where half the population of the central coast was...the beach. Uggh. It was so hot. We were there for at least 3 hours and I think we were in the water for 2 hours of that. I am proud to say that I only got a little bit sun burned...not bad. The waves were kinda big for Avila and so we had fun body surfing and getting tossed around by the waves. It was really really fun. We topped the day off with each getting one of those chocolate chip cookie toll house ice cream sandwiches from the Avila Grocery. YUM! I love them. Jason was never too into them and then he met me...:-) I got him hooked!

By Sunday it had finally cooled off. The plan was to go to the beach again. But the forecast was a bit off. They said it was supposed to be 92 degrees. It was more like 75. The beach was even cooler than that. So, after church we walked to CBO and got a couple of parts for my bike...which Jason is SO close to having finished (I really underestimated how long this project was going to take). After that we had yummy pizza at Woodstocks and watched part of the Euro (soccer tournament). It was Spain vs. Italy...two places where Jason has lived and played soccer with the guys there. I later did some grocery shopping while Jason worked some more on my bike. when I came back the thing was almost all back together. It was crazy! We're having some issues with the brakes but otherwise it's doing pretty well. There's the Madonna 10,000 this Sunday which Jason and I plan on doing. I think it's 1000 feet to the top of Madonna and apparently you do the mountain 10x's. That sounds hard...and boring. It's like running around a track over and over. But, we're going to do it none the less. We'll see if we really do it 10 times though. Anyways, I really want my bike back by then. The one I'm borrowing is ok but I don't really like the "feel" of it. It's a little too big also and so it'll be nice to have my bike finally back!

Ok, welp that was the weekend in a nut shell. I hope everyone managed to stay some what cool! Have a great Monday!

0 comments: