Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Moment of Clarity

Do you ever have one of those moments where you look around you and just feel overwhelmed by how blessed you are...and how you deserve not a drop of it. It happens at random times for me. It's almost always triggered by either me playing music, hearing some other amazing person glorify God through their music, or even more so, through viewing God's glorious hand in nature. They just seem like true moment's of clarity. It's when you aren't doting on what you don't have, when you aren't thinking about the next thing, the next worry, when all around is sweet and calm...your heart just overflows with thankfulness to our great, great God.


I wish I could have this mentality always. Life would be so much clearer and so much more free. It would definitely be much more God-centered and people-centered, rather than me-centered. I had one of those moments last weekend as I was enjoying myself in the ocean. I went under a wave and when I popped up it just hit me. There was so much beauty all around. Here I was in the ocean that God created. I have so much and yet so often I think I don't. Above all I have a God who chose be before time and who loves me. I have a hope that far outweighs anything this world can offer. I have Christ who loves, who cherishes me, and with whom I may place all of my trust and worth in. How sweet that is! Sometimes it just makes me giddy with joy!!! :-)

2 comments:

jenny said...

I like the new do! Love ya Anna~!

Keith said...

Those moments are amazing!! Thanks for sharing!