Monday, April 21, 2008

The Weekend is Over...Hello Monday!

Overall...a good weekend. I think that I will start this note with a "Congrats!" to the guys that raced in Sea Otter this last weekend...they all did REALLY good! I would also like to say that I was highly jealous...and some what bummed...that I didn't get to race this year. Jason's dad opted not to race this year so we weren't able to get a hotel. Normally Jason's whole family goes down, gets a hotel, and we all wake up the next morning for Jase, his dad, and I to race. No parents=no hotel to stay the night in. No hotel to stay the night in=waking up at about 4am and driving from SLO to make it to the race. Some how that just wasn't appealing at the time. I sort of wish though that we had just gone for it.

I looked at the times for my category and the 1st place time was doable for me. I think :-). Last year I rode the course in 1 hour 53 min. I fell half way through and mangled my bike. I had to wait for this really nice man to put me back together and so I was down for 6 min...I timed it :-) 1 hour and 53 min-6 min=1 hour and 47 min. (what I would have done without the fall). The first place time was 1 hour and 44 min. I would have had to knock off about three minutes. Hmmm...I think I could have matched that :-). Last year the age category for Women's Sport was 19-24 years old. I raced with 7 girls...kinda lame. This year they made the age category be 19-29 years old. There were 20 women I think. How fun! Oh well...next year I guess. :-) (I think that I write way too much about mountain biking. I bet you think I'm some sort of fanatic!...I kind of am! :-p )

Also pray for Jason...he pulled his back picking up a kid who was throwing a fit in Sunday school. He went to work today anyway but I'm guessing he's hurting!

Oh, and a highlight of the weekend! On Saturday I bought myself a new pair of Rainbow sandals. This is my 3rd pair in 7 years. Wow, I wear through these things fast. I had the first pair for 4 years, the second for 3 years...actually, that's not bad. I wear flip-flops every day...except for in Jan. That month is too cold for even me. They are so fresh and new...yay. Kind of sad to say good-bye to the old one's though. So many memories! :-) Actually Jason bought the 2nd pair for me...I was poor in college...very poor. I think he was embarrassed at how gross the 1st pair looked. Ooops, oh well! :-)

4 comments:

Carrie Haughey said...

Wow, I wear my (first pair of) Rainbows a lot, but I don't think I will go through them that fast... Mostly because now I can't wear them to work. Bummer. I guess there were some benefits to Nanny-ing

Jason and Anna said...

WHAT?!!! You can totally wear them to work! I wore my Rainbows like every day at Grace for work!!! You just have to wear them with a cute skirt...you know, ease them into your outfits...AND Tim totally wears flip flops to work. :-)

Carrie Haughey said...

not anymore... Debbie has started holding the Admins to a higher standard, so even though the Pastors come in in flip flops and jeans, we have to dress as professionals...

Jason and Anna said...

That power hungry Debbie! hahaha. jk. That's lame! This is California for crying out loud. A skirt, a nice top, and flip flops is TOTALLY dressy! Hmmmm. Looks like I quit the job just in time! :-) I'm totally kidding. Well, next time I come in I will be sure to comment on how nice you guys look! :-)