Monday, April 7, 2008

A Guide to my Weekend...

THURSDAY
Work...blah! Got to sleep in though and come in an hour late...YAY! After work we had dinner with Keith, Cara, and lil' Rebekah who ignores me (unless she wants to lift up my shirt to see my belly button). She follows Jason around everywhere though. We think she likes him...which makes me her competition. Bring it on Bekah! May the best woman win!

FRIDAY
Hallelujah it's Friday! This night was "Date Night" and rather than hitting our beloved "Costco" for pizza slices we decided to treat ourselves to fish and chips once again at Custom House...along with dessert and complimentary latte's and chowder. yum. Thanks Tyler and Joanna! (Jason's brother and sister in law!) There is nothing like Friday night. The weekend is just beginning!

SATURDAY
Mountain biking, coffee, and hitting the Art's Cyclery and CBO sales. Um, does it even get better than that? I think not! At CBO I got to test ride a FULL-SUSPENSION, $7000, top of the line, raced out, Santa Cruz bike. Wow, that was a beautiful almost two hours. We were BOTH like giddy school girls in a candy shop! There was gear on that bike that isn't even out in stores yet. On the way back from the ride Jason and I were trying to guess how much the bikes were worth. I guessed that mine was at least $4000. Yeah...we were both wrong. $7000...I'm not sure if I would spend that on a CAR at this point...let alone a bike.

I normally ride a hard-tail bike (no rear suspension) and my fork (front suspension) is pretty much toast...it moves about and inch on a good day! The average bike now has rear suspension and at least 4 inches of travel in the front. So...now I know what I'm missing out on. Ignorance is bliss. I realize now that I am to the point where I am being held back by my bike, not so much by my ability (which is a good feeling I guess...I just thought I was a bad down-hiller.) I down-hilled though on Sat. like I have never down-hilled before...as fast as I could possibly go. It was amazing!

Oh well. I'd rather have no suspension at this point than drop $3000 on a bike. Yes, that is how much an AVERAGE bike costs. That price is normal to me...I'm sort of numb to it. It gets put into perspective though when you tell someone who isn't in the biking world how much a bike costs...their jaw usually drops to the floor. Oh yeah, $3000 IS a lot of money...I almost forgot. :-)

SUNDAY
Church! Also in this day there was a lot of random fun, a little bit of laziness, and some rock wall climbing. I will say that I can now conquer V0, V0+, V1, V1+, and am now sweating over V2's. Granted, V0 is the easiest and it goes up to V6 I think. The first time I climbed I could only finish one V0. I totally thought that I would "rock" at this sport! Haha! Pun TOTALLY intended! Yeah...climbing walls (at least the one's that are made to give you a good workout) are hard. I am working on this new route that involves hooking your middle and ring finger and hanging there for a sec with all your weight on it...ouch! I have visible bruises at the base of my middle finger. I got farther than I ever have before though so, yay! Anyways, all in all, a good weekend! So, thanks for reading...until next time! :-)


Oh yeah...has any one ever had Trader Joe's frozen mac & cheese? Two words...Cheezy Heaven! It is soooooo good! Give it a whirl (haven't looked at the nutrition facts but I would guess that it is not exactly "healthy". Although, I looked at the ingredients and there isn't a lot of junk in it...so that's good.)

2 comments:

jenny said...

You are a crazy athletic woman! You make me envious with all these fun things you do that my body is quickly letting me know I can no longer do (for now, at least). I'm lap swimming regularly, which is good... but that's about all the belly can handle. :-) Your bike knowledge is extensive and we might have to interview you and Jase at some point - we really want to get some bikes.
Yes, the baby is moving! It does feel a little like gas, though without the gas and pain. Just like little bubbles bumping up against the inside of your stomach... and little kicks every now and then. You'll love feeling it when it happens to you. Such an odd feeling that's just between you and the baby. Really cool.
Love you too, dear friend!

Kali said...

Glad you're back - haha! Sounds like you had a nice (intense!) weekend. I had to leave a comment after your note about Trader Joe's...we just found out we're getting one in Nashville...wahoo! Dan & I both found out during the work day and couldn't wait to tell the other when we got home. It's the little things in life, right?