Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A New Fork!!!

So, the highlight of my life...I have a new fork. No, not the kind you eat with, but the front shock to my bike. I have a 1" steer tube (what the fork goes into). That is a very old design. The newer bikes all have 1 1/8" steer tubes. I like my bike, it's so light. I don't have the money nor the desire to buy a new one. I have been wanting a new fork for quite some time though. My old one is busted. The problem though lies in the fact that NOBODY makes 1" forks anymore...making them very rare. What was once sold new for $300 (the Marzocchi Bomber MX 1") is now selling for $500. HA! I don't think so. So, last Thur. I did my typical search in ebay, 1" fork and what came up was way out my price range...oh well. So, I was casually searching through the fork listings when something caught my eye, "Marzocchi Bomber MX 1 in". I realized that that was what I was looking for. Everyone posts their forks as 1". They use the symbol, not "in". The amazing things too was that it was ending in 2 days and nobody had bid on it yet (very weird!). So, I placed my max bid and waited.

I knew that it was ending on Sat. morning but I didn't know what time. I went over to Jason's that morning and rushed to the computer. When I brought it up I thought that it had ended already becuase I saw "45 sec"...I thought it ended 45 seconds ago...duh. I was so sad becuase I saw how much I thought it had sold for...$130.00 with only one person bidding besides me. Then all of a sudden I realized..."Wait! It ends in 45 seconds!!!" It was a flurry of bidding but with 6 seconds left I won! I got it for $152. What a deal!!!! It felt like a special little gift to me from the Lord. The only way I was able to afford it was becuase the seller listed it in a weird way...making it so people missed it. On top of that I show up at the computer, without meaning to, with 45 seconds left to bid...and I won! How cool is that. I have been wanting a fork for soooooo long. Yay! Thank you Lord!!!!

0 comments: