Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Yay...a four day work week!

Welp, it is Tuesday and I certainly did enjoy my 3 day weekend! It was actually quite relaxing...which was nice. Guess what...we saw 2 movies this weekend at the theater. Can you believe that!?! We saw Indiana Jones on Friday night for "date night". One word...ALIENS?!??! That was a little odd. I mean, come on! I guess you have to cover all your bases. You have Hinduism, Judaism, and Christianity. It only makes sense that the next one would be about the extra terrestrial. Not! It was ok though. I still think that the third one with Sean Connery was by far the best one!

Then on Saturday Jason went on a ride and I...what did I do? Oh, I had coffee with Rebekah Weeks, it was her birthday. Then I think I read and...ok, Saturday is a blur. What I do remember though is that we were supposed to go to the Prince Caspian movie with the Badgers. They couldn't find a babysitter though and Cara felt too pregnant to want to sit in one position for two hours. So, Jason and I decided to splurge big time and go anyways. We saw it and it was...good. I think that I like it better than the first one...I think. The fighting scenes were better at least. The romance though that they decided to throw in, was silly! I mean, come on, it wasn't even in the book.

Sunday was church, Sunday school, and climbing. The ankle is feeling pretty good. I still have some swelling but I think that it is going down slowly. I jumped down from about 8 feet twice and it didn't hurt. That was nice. Then Jason and I made BBQ chicken for his parents for dinner. It was a very pleasant Sunday.

Monday was my PAID day off. I have zero experience with such a thing but I will say that I enjoyed it thoroughly. I'll take more of those days anytime! :-) Jason went on a 28 mile bike ride...jealous! Then right after that he met Keith and they played racket ball. Talk about high energy. He also got thoroughly "burnt". i.e. a slight burn that will turn into a rich dark tan in 12 hours. The funny part though is that since there is elastic around the sleeves of his bike jersey it is a perfect line. The next time we go to the beach he will take off his shirt...but it will still look like he has one on. Funny stuff.

Well, next weekend is the Men's Retreat. Jason is only slightly excited. It's all men, doing lots of active things, all weekend. I'm a little excited too! I have planned for that weekend so far shopping and pedicures with a friend (I've never had a real pedicure. I went and got one at the Beauty College once with Kate. I was informed though that they left out some very important steps in the pampering process.) Anyways, Jason just started the Morro Bay Power Plant position today. His dad mentioned that because it's the outage Jason may have to work this weekend. That would be a huge bummer. So, if you think about it, you can pray for Jason that he would still be able to go this weekend and that he wouldn't have to work! Ok, I hope everyone had a great weekend!!!

1 comments:

Pat R said...

for the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, it seems like the recipe of a good Indiana Jones film would be 1 part Nazis and 1 part Jewish artifact... the Soviet army does a pretty good job of replacing the Nazis, but the other ingredient...