Monday, May 19, 2008

Monday is here!

I am so tired. I wish I could say that I had a jam packed weekend just full of things that would wear a person out but...I didn't. Saturday was a fun day. Jason went on a ride with Ben and I went to some garage sales. I was somewhat successful. I found a shelf thing. It's bare wood so I get to paint it...that will be fun. After that I met with my friend Shannon and we finished our mugs and utensil holder at Red Hot Pottery. That was great fun. I'm so excited to get it back. Hopefully they look ok :-). After Red Hot Pottery we hit Linnaea's and treated ourself to a parfait. Yum! Later that day I met up with Jason and we went to Barnes and Noble, read magazines, and had an iced carmel macchiato. Saturday was concluded by watching one of the old Indiana Jones movies. We are preparing ourselves to see the new one that's coming out in a couple of weeks.

Sunday we went to church and taught children in a very warm Sunday school room. So many of them were so lethargic. It was so weird. Normally they are bouncing off the walls. One boy was particularly cranky. I don't think that he does so well with the heat. After that Jason and I went to the beach. It was pretty cool there but the water was quite pleasant. A little cool but we had a lot of fun body boarding. After that we went to the climbing gym. That was really fun. Climbing is like mountain biking...or any sport really. You have good days and bad days. Yesterday was a good day for both of us. Jason is starting to conquer some crazy routes. I can't believe he has the arm and grip strength that he does. Quite impressive. I'm finally a little less timid about climbing too. I'm afraid to go too high because my ankle is definitely not healed yet. I don't want to fall on it. I'm just going for it now. It feels good to be on the improving side of it again, rather than the maintaining side of it. So, overall a good weekend.

I woke up this morning and I was so tired! uggh. Oh, this is Jason's last week at Grace, doing the remodel. He got another temp position at Morro Bay. That will be a huge blessing for him because the pay is quite good. Anyways, hope everyone has a great Monday and I am off to get another cup coffee.

0 comments: