Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A Studio for the Summer...

Well, I looked at a studio yesterday morning. It was ok. I mean, in the scheme of things, since I'll only be there for a few months it doesn't REALLY matter whether I love it or not.

First, here are the things that I DON'T like:
1. It's in Mustang Village (ie. college world)
2. It's on the other side of town from my work...longer bike ride! :-)
3. I'll be home alone at night.
4. It's kinda shabby.

Things I do like:
1. It's quaint...just enough space.
2. It's a girl's home (I didn't want to sublet from a boy...I just didn't want to have to use his furniture and stuff...weird, I know.)
3. It's furnished...quite tastefully I might add
4. The price is right.
5. I don't have to have a roommate. (Funny, I don't want a roommate and yet I hate being home alone at night...oh well. I just had drama with the last roomies.)

So, I guess the pro's out weigh the cons. If I move in it will be on May 23rd. That's not too far away at all. Of course, then I decided to check Craigslist again this morning. I found another sublease in a part of town that I like much better. It's also right down the street from my work...as opposed to the opposite side of town (which Mustang Village is). It's only $75 more a month and is a way newer and nicer studio AND it's not in "college town" AND it's super close to Keith and Cara...who I am quite fond of! So, I had to email the dad of the girl and tell him that I'm actually not sure now. Ugggh. So, if you think about you can shoot off a prayer for me and the whole living sitch this summer.

*A Story I almost forgot to tell:
So, yesterday I had this big "Showcase Mixer" at The Embassy Suites with the Chamber of Commerce...of which I saw some fellow Chamber friends from church! Anyways, the theme was "Las Vegas" and I forgot to bring my clothes for it. (Black pants and white top...to look like card dealers...or Mormons. At the Mixer I was walking around with a name tag and my helmet...I was definitely Mormon looking!) ANYWAYS, during my lunch break I rode home to get my clothes. As I was riding some dork high school boys through this fire cracker thing at me and it scared the crud out of me. I screamed, swerved, and almost crashed. Then I looked at where it came from and there were two high school boys cracking up. I felt really emotional yesterday and I pretty much cried the rest of the way home. Errrrrr! I was so mad! Mostly because I gave them the exact reaction that they wanted. I also let the flesh come out and took advantage of their rolled down window by calling them an unkind name. "Poop heads" but with a different word for "poop"...I'm sure you can figure it out. Gosh, I don't know where those words come from. I guess that's the fruit of becoming a Believer later on in life...those words are still in my head since there was a time when it was acceptable to say them. (I almost gave them the bird too...so it could have been worse I guess). Oh well. About 5 months ago I was riding my bike and another car of high school boys threw a quarter at me on my bike and yelled "Take it off". It bounced off of my helmet and hit my handle bars. That scared the crud out of me too because it made such a loud noise. Good thing I wear a helmet. That time though I whipped my bike around and started chasing them down. I guess they didn't realize that a bike is a faster mode of transportation than a car when you're downtown. They saw me coming after them and they looked a little panicked...probably because they thought I would get their license plate number. I had to get to class though and was already late...so I didn't end up doing anything about it. Ok...enough bike stories. So, watch out for stupid high school boys on their lunch breaks (both times were during their lunch break) and I'll be sure to take that giant sign off my back that says, "Please throw things at me from your moving vehicle!"

1 comments:

Kristen Borland said...

okay, first of all i really get upset with lame-o high school students that think they can do whatever they want to people (this comment is for your previous post). they really give teenagers a bad name. i'm sorry you keep running into the worst of them.

second, that is pretty amazing that your ankle is still swolen!

third, i sent a prayer up for the right housing to come along, but i think i might be a day late!

fourth, i'm not terribly fond of the heat myself but appreciate other people liking it. i think i'm just a wimp. feel free to come up and enjoy the three digit weather in a-town the next couple of days!

fifth, i think those are all my thoughts for now!