Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Some thoughts for today...

First, I am beyond excited for this supposed heat that is coming our way. I would be very content if we had upper 80's, lower 90 degree weather...all the time. I love it warm and our so called "perfect" 70 degree weather that we usually have is a tad too cold for me.

Second, I have been off the bike for exactly 3 weeks today....:-( . It's really disappointing to know that all that I put into riding and building stamina the last couple of months is down the drain. The rainy season was finally done and I was up and going, riding pretty regularly. Uggh. My bike is completely taken a part right now anyways. We decided to use the injury as an opportunity to spruce up the bike. We are going to strip the frame tonight and then turn it in to the powder coat people on Fri. probably. It'll be a week or so before they get it back to me. Then we have to put everything back on...by the time I ride, I'd imagine I will have been off the bike for just over a month. Lame. I of course torture myself regularly by reading the One Source Cycling blog. Reading about all their mountain rides just doesn't help much I guess (the road rides do nothing for me as far an envy...I'm just not a roadie I guess...nor can I afford to be one even if I wanted to...nor do I wish for Jason to join the brigade of "men with smooth legs"...that's just too weird for me)! So, it's going to hurt getting back on the bike. I'm not really looking forward to it to be honest. Good thing my bike will be all upgraded and "new". I'll be dying to try it out...it'll motivate me to ride I guess.

Finally, I'm looking at the studio by Keith and Cara tonight with Jason. I pray that it will work out. The location is just so perfect! It seems like I can have it if I like what I see tonight. So, you can pray for that if you would like. Happy Wed. everyone...it's all down hill from here! :-)

**Note: My ankle is STILL swollen, after 3 weeks. Isn't that ridiculous? There is a bunch of bruising around my toes too. I think I wrenched my toes when I fell but didn't realize it because they ankle hurt WAY more. I can walk on it without pain which is good. I have been climbing too. I still don't have my full range of motion yet. I also rode my commuter bike yesterday...not bad. So, I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things. Sprained ankles are gnarly. I had no idea that it takes this long to heal from one. I can't imagine having a BROKEN foot. That would be terrible!

1 comments:

Liv said...

ok, so I am catching up on your blog, oh my gosh that pillow sham is beautiful I love the colors, If you had a store I would buy them in a heart beat, makes me really wish I had a sewing machine, my friend has one.... maby i will snag it for a bit. So your comment on my blog was hilarious! You having prego dreams, so funny! I can imagine that no one would believe you didnt know how it happend- can you imagine being mary- wierd and amazing.
Oh I love you skirt!
mean mean boys, whats up with that!!!!