Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Studio Last Night...

WAS GREAT! This studio was being rented out by boys...so I was a little hesitant about renting from them. I didn't particularly want their furniture. So, when I knocked a guy answered the door and I totally recognized him from Grace. He recognized me too. Kind of funny! It turns out that I will be finishing their lease for them so they will be taking all of their furniture with them. Yay! Financially it would be better for it to be furnished since I have uh, NOTHING! It will be way more fun though to go out and find old cheap crusty stuff and spruce it up. Eventually I will need furniture anyways. Sooooo....yah! I'm really excited to be living on my own once again. I have a lot of kitchen necessities and what not because I have lived on my own before. When I lived with roommates though I came in in the middle of their lease and so the house was already furnished, I just had a bed and a desk. Even the bed I sold and got rid of. Hmmm...

Anyways, so I move in on June 15th and stay there through Sept. It's not very long but, hey, it'll be a good place for now. It's in the newer housing complex by Costco. There are the apartments/condos and then behind that there are houses. Each house seems to have an unattached garage behind it with a granny unit above it. The studio is $75 more than the one in Mustang Village but it is way better in so many ways. 1. There is no scary, dark, dorm hall to walk down in order to get to the room. 2. I'm not surrounded by college students who are mostly in their first or second year of school. 3. It's way newer, fresher, and brighter than the Mustang Village studio. 4. It's not completely across town from my work. 5. It doesn't involve a deposit (the Mustang one did). 6. There are no issues with parking and parking permits. 7. Um, and Cara Badger, polish dogs, pizza, and Old Navy are right at my finger tips. I mean, does it even get better than that??? So thank you for praying. I just thank the Lord that I have a home!...for now! :-)

On another note, I love my cell phone. I didn't really realize how much I valued it until mine died. Yesterday, at around 2:25pm, my little LG "free when you sign up for a two year contract" phone died. May it rest in peace. I know that this is a really stupid prayer request...but, I am really hoping that when I take it into the Verizon guys today that they will be able to at least turn it on. I can't even turn it on. There are just so many phone numbers in there that I would like to be able to transfer to the new phone I will have to get. It would be really sad to lose them all. I mean, one of my closest friends, Shannon, I don't even know her number and we are supposed to hang out this Sat. I don't even know my parents home number and cell numbers by heart. (Granted I have never lived with my parents while they have had the number so I have never needed to really memorize it). All my numbers where there with a push of a button. So, I feel very far from the world right now...no one can reach me. Oh well. Ok, welp, farewell mi amigas...(I don't think that there are any males who read my blog so I can say that) :-).

1 comments:

jenny said...

Oh I'm so happy you found a place to live! I only wish we lived closer because we have two old couches that are in GREAT shape that we would love to get rid of. I'd give them to you in a heartbeat.
Yes, baby is getting uncomfortable. Today he started doing this thing kinda like kicking me in the upper ribs and lung section - which leaves me out of breath and looking stupid. Travis is constantly laughing/making fun of me. Great.
I'm sorry about your cell phone too! Since our computer died and we don't have cable or anything, I'm feeling out of touch with current events! Amazing how much we rely upon technology these days...