Monday, May 12, 2008

Pictures...

Well, here are some over due pictures. So, to begin with we have our day trip down to Hollywood to see Wicked. We played tourist a little just for fun... :-) Also there are a couple of things that I've been working on...a quilt, pillow sham, skirt...I think that's it. Ok friends...Enjoy!



This one is pretty self-explanatory!



This is the outside of the Pantages Theatre. Very neat! It's funny where it's placed in the city though. It's a nice theatre where people spend a lot of money to go and get all dressed up. It's not really in a "nice" part of the city. I'm not convinced though that there IS a nice part of Hollywood!


This is the inside of the theatre...in the lobby. Where you actually watch the show is gorgeous too! I wish I could have taken a picture in there but it was strictly forbidden. A guy next to me tried to snap a shot and they were on him so fast.


Here is my mini-couch quilt that I made. It didn't take long at all. The best part is that it only cost me about $25 to make. Not bad.



A little closer. The colors aren't quite right. Oh well.


My skirt. Yay for summer! The hem isn't done in this picture but it is now though! It's a simple flowy skirt that goes down to mid-knee. It looks short in this picture for whatever reason.


My super fun pillow sham. This is one of those things you whip up in one night with what you have. It really like it and am going to make a matching one for my other pillow. I have a white comforter so the pillow shams add some color. I tied the sides with ribbon. Obviously!


I totally wanted to give you a little glimpse of what I see every day. The front yard is just littered with these beauties, and I LOVE poppin' these little puppies into vases!


And a big, pretty rose! Yay! Welp, happy Monday everyone!!!

7 comments:

jenny said...

Beautiful beautiful!! I LOVE the shams... you've inspired me to add color to my white bed too!! Oh I love it all Anna - so creative and crafty. Where do you find the time?

Jason and Anna said...

At night! :-) When I go home there's no hubby or anything that I need to devote time to. So, I stay up really late and sew. It always hurts the next morning but...what can you do! :-)

Kate said...

Oh my goodness!!! I love everything!! Could you make Charlotte's bag like the pillow shame or would that be too difficult! you are so creative!

Jason and Anna said...

Kate, I think that I could do the center, or the main part, like the pillow sham and I'll do the strap one solid print. How does that sound? I think that will work fine. I'll lay it all out and make sure that it looks good...but yeah! I'll give it a whirl! Yay! I"m so excited to make it for your girly!

Jacquelyn said...

I know what you mean about Hollywierd. It is so nasty down there but for some reason it looks really glamorous on TV. They do have the best thrift stores down there though selling clothes from the wardrobe department of some of the studios.

lindsey said...

i love love love that pillow! so cute!

Carrie Haughey said...

Love it! I will have to brag on my sewing accomplishments soon too! I get so scared to add color to my palates, I worry that it won't go with the rest of the scemes, so yay you for going for it!!!