Monday, May 5, 2008

The Weekend Report.

Well, with a bum ankle and a boyfriend who was busy helping his dad on their kitchen remodel, the weekend was quite uneventful. There were no physical activities the whole weekend. No hiking, biking, climbing...nada. It was actually fine. I thought that I would miss it a lot more than I did. :-) I got some things done though.

Friday was date night and Jason and I went to Jaffa Cafe...which is amazing. If you like gyros or felafel's...yeah, I recommend that place whole heartily. It's on Higuera St...where San Luis Florist used to be. They also have the yummiest baklava. We rented a movie but it was really dumb. I think it was called The Contract. Oh well.

On Saturday I woke up with a much better ankle. I had a slow morning, drank some coffee, had a sweet quiet time, played my guitar, and went and shopped downtown. I attempted to buy a pair of pants for work and a couple of shirts but...I didn't really see anything I liked. I'm realizing that my clothing choice is getting more and more picky. I also have trouble finding jeans that fit me. My waist isn't much smaller than my hips...so jeans are always too big in the hips and a bit tight in the waist. Oh well. So, instead, I bought fabric! :-) While I was there I gave two customers and an employee of the fabric store and impromptu tutorial on the purse I was wearing. That was funny. I also made a cute flowy skirt. Perfect for the hot weather...if it ever comes for more than two days.

On Sunday we went to church (of course!). Sunday school was...interesting. There is a little girl who is in Kindergarten in our class. She has the attitude of a high schooler though. She has decided that there is a girl in our class who is not "cool". She gets all the other girls to turn against her and leave her out. The "unliked girl" tried to be funny and make the other girls laugh. When the other girls started laughing at her the "ring leader" said, "That's not funny! Don't laugh at her!" They of course listen and stop. Ugh. I had to pull her aside and talk to her and she just grins at me the whole time and doesn't listen to a thing I say! Are you kidding me? I'm her elder! She should listen to me with full attention! :-) No go! Oh well. I think that I'm going to have to call her mom because it's getting out of hand. If she's this bad now...I hate to be around her when she's in junior high.

On a better note, I transplanted all my indoor plants into bigger pots with new soil...and gave them some fertilizer lovin'! Hopefully they are happy now. I also made a "Mother's Day pot" with a pretty Gerber daisy and some low lying white flowery stuff (I don't remember what it's called). I made Megan a "just because" pot too. After that we went to the Mexico Dinner and my ankle preceded to swell up again. uggghh! Heal you dumb ankle!!! For the love! It was probably from transplanting my plants. I'm sure I squatted when I shouldn't have or something like that. So....overall, a fine weekend. Low key, but fine!

1 comments:

jenny said...

I want to see your skirt! Will it have an elastic waistband?? Meaning, could I wear one? :-)