Thursday, May 22, 2008

Weighed Down...

I just feel weighed down. Do you ever just look at the magnitude of sin, pain, suffering, and heart brake and just slump over and think, "Why? Just when you think it can't get any worse." It's funny because I used to think that the argument "Evil exists, therefore there is no God," was dumb (and for the most part I still do). I mean, granted, I obviously thoroughly studied this problem as a philosophy major and I know that this is a weak argument that doesn't work all that well. Yet, in my heart I understand it. I can see how someone who doesn't know the Lord or believe in an almighty, good God would think this.

I watched the Nightly News two days ago and it was heart wrenching. It was one of the first footage's shown on the earthquake in China. It rocked me. I mean, there were hundreds of dead children. Then there's Myanmar...so much suffering and pain. Then I read on Kali's blog about Steven Curtis Chapman's adoptive daughter being ran over and dying...ran over by her own brother. You can't help but cry out, "Why Lord!?!" I know in my head that it is all for good, all for the glory of our great King. I am just having trouble getting past the heart ache. I'm having trouble looking past the here and now and seeing it's effects in eternity. Do you ever feel like this?

1 comments:

Pink Monkey said...

Yes, but then I have to question where I'm looking... You have to stay positive!