Friday, May 23, 2008

Friday + Anna = BFF

Wow, that previous post was sort of depressing. I have been in a weird melancholy mood the last couple of days. It took me by surprise because I am not prone to such a thing at all. I woke up today though and felt like I was back to my old self again. So, that's good. Thank you Lord!

So, I FINALLY finished Emma. It only took me 3 months! I would read it on the bus or sometimes at work. I'm finished though and am ready to take on a new Jane Austen book.

So, on a completely different note...I cannot believe that gas is over $4 a gallon now. Wowee. Granted, I don't own a car, but I usually help Jason with gas since he drives me around everywhere and always picks me up from work. I remember when you could put $10 in and it actually got you some gas. Now $10 gets you nothing! So sad. I saw on the news that the Netherlands pay about $10 a gallon and the UK pays about $8 a gallon. Guess how much Saudi Arabia pays for their gas per gallon...45 cents! Lame! Oh well, so I guess it could be worse! If it ever goes up that high, and if I have a car, I'm going to sell it and sport the moped!!! That would be cool!

So, I'm looking for a new job!!! There was an episode yesterday that was the last draw at work. Basically my boss is really old and he's turning into a mean, crabby old man. He won't be one of those pleasant elderly people. He'll be the mean man who makes all his caregivers cry. I cried yesterday in the bathroom because of him. I have a possible offer from a lawyer in our office that is moving up in the world and partnering with someone else. He is moving offices and wants to possibly take me with him. We'll see. I've never really pictured myself as the "law" type of person. Most law suits and what not totally bug me. So, I guess we'll see what happens. I'm looking at SLOJobs and what not too, so if you hear of anything let me know!!!

Well, I hope that everyone has a marvelous weekend and I shall talk to you all on...TUESDAY, because I have Monday off...wahoo! I don't even know why. What holiday is it? Memorial Day or Labor Day? Anyways...farewell!!!

PS: Note to Kate...in case you read this. I still haven't received your fabric in the mail. I've never gone through this lady before and it turns out she is way slower than the "regular" girl I use. (I've bought stuff from her three times!) :-). Anyways, so hopefully it will come today or tomorrow but there's a chance that it won't. :-(. If it comes in the next couple of days I will still get it done my Sunday! By the way, Happy Birthday!!!!!!!

0 comments: