Thursday, May 1, 2008

Something I've learned...

I am REALLY bad at being hurt. I hate icing. When I was little, if I bumped my head, I was convinced that it was better to be swollen then cold. Obviously I have not grown out of that mentality. I also keep walking on it. When I wake up in the morning it looks pretty good...by noon though it's nice a puffy all over again. It's just so...boring to sit and do nothing. I have a new found respect and awe for Lindsey Iunker. Gee whiz. What a stud. A prime example of my complete inability to be smart about my injuries is the fact that I'm going climbing tonight...I really shouldn't. I tell myself that I won't actually do much, but I'm sure I will. We have been planning to be bring a couple of our friends for a while now. Each member is only allowed to bring one guest, so in order for both of them to come...I have to go too. After tonight though I'm going to be good. I have been refusing to where an ace wrap. I think I'm just going to suck it up and go for it. Apparently pressure is huge in making the swelling go away. At this point I'll do anything to get my foot small enough to wear my Rainbow's again....hmph.

No more Serve Day for me anymore. I signed up to clean and have lunch with the elderly at the Manse. Apparently they booted me off the list because they wanted to have something for the kids and their parents to go do (which is totally fine!) :-) When they called me yesterday they gave me the option of going to A-town to paint or going to Sinsheimer to pick up trash and weed. I chose the Sinsheimer one...since I don't have a car. When I told Jason about it he gave me the "What are you forgetting look". Oh yeah. Bummer. Squatting is a motion I can't do at all. Walking takes some effort. I guess that's not a very good job for me. Lame. So, I felt like a dork having to call the guy back and tell him that I "forgot" that I hurt myself. His reply is, "Uh, well, there's not really anything for you. There's a prayer meeting for those who can't physically serve that you can go to at that time". I had a lot of trouble with the fact that he grouped me as being "physically unable to serve." I said, "Wait, I want to do something, I can serve, I just can't walk a ton and squat...squatting is bad." His reply, "Uh, yeah, you should just go to the prayer meeting." Ugh. I just wanted to prove to him that I could do something (I have no idea why). I just wanted to tell him that he gave me the one thing that I really couldn't do. Oh well. Obviously there is a lot of pride there that needs to be obliterated. Hmmmm...Fine, I'll go! Prayer is very huge, you know! :-)...

2 comments:

jenny said...

This post was really funny and I had to read it out loud to Travis when he got home. His comment, "Wow, she sounds exactly like you." :-) Maybe that's why we're friends.

Jason and Anna said...

Funny huh? Jason has commented too before, just in small things, like when we hung out at the Fug's house with you guys. He said that we are a lot a like. Apparently we have similar gestures and what not. Just think if we saw each other and hung out every day...I bet it would be quite apparent then. :-) If I had to be similar to anyone in the world...it would be you Jenny! :-)