Sunday, September 28, 2008

Survivor Man!

Well, being a fisher of fish (rather than men) doesn't have any real eternal worth but it sure does make the tummy happy! Yesterday Jason and his cousin grabbed the kayaks and set out to catch some Rock Cod out in San Simeon. Apparently it was pretty tough getting out past the break with all their gear but they were successful!!! Part of me wondered if they would actually catch something but I prayed none the less! It was really exciting to come by his house afterwards and see all their ocean loot! They were catching so many that they were throwing a lot of them back...only going for the big ones. Tonight, Jason and his family are frying those puppies up and we are going to have fish and chips! Yum, that's my favorite! Here are some pictures for your viewing enjoyment (shocker huh, that I have some visual stimulation on this thing!)




The big fat orange one was the "prize fish." I don't know why they aren't all orange. I guess there are different types of the same breed of fish. Not sure. It's also nice to know that I will never go hungry with this guy! haha. If the great depression comes again and we have no money...I'll just send Jason out to catch some supper! :-)

3 comments:

Kristen Borland said...

okay, that's one impressive fish! i'm glad you won't go hungry during the next great depression. :) we'll be sure to come over to your house when the economy collapses. :)

mmm... fish and chips...

Larissa said...

Awesome! I love fishing. I used to go fishing a lot as a kid with my dad. It's been years.

Carrie Haughey said...

wow! Impressive! that orange one is huge!!