Friday, September 19, 2008

Thursday happenings...

Welp, no blog yesterday. I went to do one, started typing, and then just changed my mind. I didn't really feel like writing. So...there you have it!

Ok, so the dress is set in stone...or in money! $$$ I went yesterday with my good friend Autumn to try on dresses (for her). She made an appt. for 2:30pm and my appt. was for 4pm. She tried on a bunch of different dresses. She likes the silhouette dresses...the one's that look like a mermaid. I'm not a fan of those so much but I will say that she pulled it off really really well. There was one in particular that I liked. It was a bridesmaid dress. Isn't that funny. If she gets it her dress will only be a little over $300. That's pretty nice!

So, when we went in today, the lady that helped me wasn't there. I liked her. The lady that helped us was nice but...she seemed like she had better things to do than hang around us. She didn't seem as into helping Autumn as the other lady was for me. When it was time to get measured too I asked her if I could try the dress on one more time before I give the OK and put down money. She said, "Well, we don't normally do that but I guess there's time." Come on, this is the largest purchase I have ever made in my life (seriously)...I can try it on one more time. Sheesh! haha. The lady that I met with on Saturday said that she wanted me to try it on again before I do the final ok. There's some mixed messages there!!! :-)

I also asked the lady about the "Diamond White". She had me try a dress on in Diamond White by Maggie Sottero. I liked the color. It's definitely not stark white but it's not quite as dark as ivory...although you can only tell them apart when you put them right next to each other. It really is very close to ivory. It seemed to look fine on my skin tone. Then I put the actual dress on one more time and yes, I really do love it! Yay! So, I put half the money down and in 10 days I will call them so that they can give me an estimated arrival date! Another small blessing...being proportional!!! haha! So, she measured me and I was pretty much the same size across the board. My waist was between the size that the rest of my body was and the next size up. The back is lace up though and so there is apparently a 3" flex room because of that. Hopefully it won't have to be taken in at all on the sides. I just want it to fit perfect except for the hem (I expect to hem that)...please Lord! :-) I would love to not have to pay a ton in altering. We'll see though.

Ok, so for something fun. I have had some people ask me to post a picture of the dress. I won't do that but I will give you the website. haha! If you can guess what dress I bought than I will tell you whether you are right or not! Which one looks like something I would buy??? Obviously this is only for people that have time on their hands! I love so many of this designers dresses and it's just fun to look through them in general! (Although some are...hmmm, a little too much). hehe. Ok, if you should choose to....happy hunting!!! http://www.maggiesottero.com/

Finally, a little story. Autumn and I were leaving downtown AG and she started to drive past the on-ramp. I said, "Uh, that was our on-ramp," as we were pretty much already past it. Then out of nowhere she cranked the steering wheel and turned onto it. Uh, yeah, I fully screamed...from the time she started the turn until the time that we were about on the freeway. I couldn't believe that one, she WENT for that turn, and two...that we were still alive. When I asked her (more like screamed), "Are you insane?" She said, "I only took that turn at 30!" I definitely laughed hard and said, "Oh, you're right Autumn...what's 30mph when you're taking an almost 90 degree turn??" It was truly a funny moment. Granted she has this low, zippy Scion that handled the turn really well. She was aware of the capability of her car. :-) I freaked though because if we were in Jason's truck...or her old Explorer...yeah, we would've been rolling on the side of the road from that maneuver. Good times though! Kinda makes me want to take her car for a spin!

5 comments:

hugmom said...

Anna-
I just sent you an e-mail. I hope the address is right, but in case it isn't I tell you here. Beverly's is having a 30% off of your entire purchase tomorrow (Saturday) from 9 - noon. I'm not sure if they have your invite supplies, but that would be wonderful!
Debbi

Jason and Anna said...

Wow, that's an even better deal then the Michael's coupon!!! Yay. I don't know if they have my invite supplies but I'm going to make my veil and I could get everything I need for that. How nice!

Cari said...

So I'm not even going to try to guess on the dress, but they're all beautiful!

Anyway... freeway on ramp story. I was driving with my brother and a couple friends once in Oakland and he got on the wrong ramp. We were running way late, so instead of just getting on and then turning around at the next exit, he backed up on the on ramp! As we were about at the end, another car came onto the on ramp and he had to swerve (going backwards at about 40 miles per hour) to avoid getting hit. So scary! No one got hurt, but still...

Kate said...

i tried to look through and match one up with your criteria in the other post you wrote.... is it Dallas, Sd8305, or Nadine? They are all gorgeous....i forgot how hard it was to go wedding dress shopping!
by the way, on the word verification thingy i have to fill out to publish this comment the word was xpath. i thought it was kinda cool that it was almost a real word. :)

Guest Blogger said...

Hello, good luck for me I was looking for this information for several months ago. Finally I got it all here. Thanks a lot prom dresses
prom dresses
evening dresses