Monday, September 15, 2008

Not much To Say...

Well, things are coming along. This week and next week the following is happening. Oh wait, before I go on. So, my dress...I looked it up on the website and they don't carry it in true ivory but in "diamond white". Now apparently this is a light ivory...whatever that means. I have been told that the color that looks good on my is ivory. I don't want a true white gown because it makes me look kind of washed out...I think. Did anyone...by any chance...wear a Diamond White gown? If so...what does it look like? I'll ask the wedding peeps on Thurs. for a sample but I just thought I'd ask y'all! :-)

Ok, so this week we are planning and planning. We seem to have waves of it. The first month we didn't think much about the wedding and didn't really do any real planning...except pick the date. Today we are meeting with a photographer and then sometime in the next week we will meet with the "Cake Lady" as Jason's family calls her. We also have a consultation at The Cakery this Friday. We'll most likely go with The Cake Lady though because she is dramatically cheaper...but hey, why not try some free cake samples??? Thursday I will be putting money down and getting sized for my dress and on Saturday morning Jason and I are going to register at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. I think that we also may have the flowers that are being "made" by a florist lined up...I think.

Some of the major things that we have left to figure out are bridesmaid dresses, tuxes, where to buy un-arranged flowers, and invites. That seems like the bulk of it. It's great having a simple wedding. It makes it a 100 times easier to plan! Yay! Things like food are left until the week before once we have a good head count. I also think that we are really close to a design for our invitations. Now I just have to go utilize my 25% off for a WHOLE PURCHASE at Michael's to go buy all the paper! Oh yeah! That means that our invitations will cost $85 total...and we're sending out quite a few (that doesn't include postage though). You know, they seem pretty darn cool for homemade too! :-) hehe. It will be much more labor intensive but way worth the money saved!


What else to say? Oh, so my body is slowly healing from the fall. I was beat down and tired on Sunday from it. It felt like the whole left side of my body had been ran over. Uggh. The wounds just keep weeping too...blah...I just want to be healed and not in pain. My poor legs have bruises that I didn't even know I was capable of (I'm not a bruiser). Every time I take a step I feel the one on my quad...ouch! Oh well. I guess it's the price you pay. I hope I don't lose my confidence on downhill because of this. I was getting pretty gutsy there and I think I'll be a little more cautious now for a while. What can you do...?

Ok, until tomorrow bloggey homeys!

0 comments: