Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Things are a changin'...

I guess the Lord gives and He takes away. It was a bit of a shocker but...on Monday I lost my job at the business center. It's still a little...humbling. That's a good word for it. :-) I don't think that there was enough work...obviously. They also seemed to be cutting back on a lot of things because the place wasn't full of tenants like it had been in the past. I think I was a "cut back". There was a temp girl who was hired and they pay her less because she's not out of college. She wanted more hours and so I think my job went to her. I think that was the main motivation. I also feel like the boss and I butted heads a lot too. He was nice but he's quite elderly. Sometimes he was very cranky and would take it out on us. I probably should have kept my mouth shut but...if I got blamed for something that wasn't true than I would politely explain myself (and I bit my tongue and just ignored him so many times too). So...I don't think that he really liked that! I guess you live and learn huh? Being let go is VERY humbling though. It's an odd feeling to be not needed...or wanted anymore.

At the same time I am also working another job and so it wasn't quite as awful as it could be...I'm not totally income-less. I guess I wasn't in love with the job anyways. I was really just going to try to get through it until Jason and I got married and then quit. God had different plans though. Jason and I had some financial goals...I planned every paycheck to the dollar. I guess it's time to rely on the Lord and truly lean on Him fully. If what we have planned is His will He will bring it to be and we shouldn't be of so little faith. So, there you have it! I don't think that blogging will be so regular...since I'm not sitting at the computer all day. I'm very ok with that though!!! haha.

Welp, I guess you can be praying for more hours for both Jason and I. We are both in the very same boat now. Sort of funny...I guess. Crazy that's for sure. I just hope that I can rely on and trust fully in the Lord. I know that He will be faithful to provide all that we need!

3 comments:

Our Life Together said...

Oh Anna, I'm so sorry to hear that and that does stink :(. I hope that you find something you love..nobody should have to hate their job. Praying for you and Jason both.

Kristen Borland said...

i'm so sorry. that really stinks. i will pray for a better opportunity or more hours at job#2 (which, i guess is now called job#1!).

Mama Mote said...

I can sure relate to your situation with Dan and his being laid off soon. Having to move our of our home of 17 years was really strange. Moving in with my mother-in-law was actually - familiar. We did this two times before, but this time with no kids. But now I'm ready to set up my own house again, but we won't know anything for, maybe, another month. We don't know if we will still be in SLO or moving out of the area (not my favorite option). But, yes, trusting God for the whole situation is what we are doing. And He will, and has always, provided for all our needs...and yours. Love you guys. Things will work out, in His time. But it is hard to wait.