Saturday, September 13, 2008

Oooh, a Saturday Blog!

Well...today I went dress shopping. I will say that it was VERY fun. The store was great and the lady that worked with me was fantastic. She had a very good eye for what I would like and did not bring me anything that was over my budget. So, I "think" that I have found "the dress". I say think because I'm sleeping on it and seeing what I think. If I still like it as much as I do now I will go there on Tues to put the deposit down and order it.

So, I tried on about...7 dresses. There really weren't THAT many that were in our budget. The one that I ended up liking though happened to be the designer that I pretty much love and it was something that we could afford. Kinda funny. I tried on a lot of dresses of various styles. Some A-lines, an empire waist, strapless and strapped. Some with satin fabric and some with taffeta fabric...and some with lace. My mom and Rebekah commented on how many different styles I picked out. I guess I didn't have a real clear image in my head of what I wanted. At first I was sort of surprised because I was drawn to the dresses with more *bling*. I felt like I would go for something more simple. In the end though I chose a strapless dress that is an ivory satin (not super shiny satin though) and it doesn't have any sequins. It will be altered to have a sweet heart neckline. It really is gorgeous. Although it has no sparkly stuff it doesn't come across to me as super plain. I don't know why...I guess it's the way the fabric lays on it. You purchase it with this weird sash and bow though. Once I get it...if I get it :-) I have the choice to keep it on or off. The bow is taking a hike for sure but the sash may stay...not sure. It's an easy fix either way. So...I may have a dress. We'll see. No pictures or anything though. Jason reads my blog sometimes and he certainly can't see. It's fun to have it be a surprise for everyone else too.

Ha! Oh yeah. So Jason and I went on a ride today before trying on dresses. We were riding up the mountain and I thought to myself, "Oh man, I shouldn't fall. It would be terrible to go try on dresses all bloody." Well, I got to the last part of the downhill and fell not once, but twice. The first one wasn't so bad but the second one worked me pretty good. I skinned my side and my elbow. I have scratches on my left leg from my ankle all the way up to my hip. I have two large swollen bumps on my leg. One above my knee from when I went over the handle bars and caught my leg on my bar. The other one is on my hip and it's really puffy and blue. I pretty much caught my body on that one point I think. Hmmm. It really wasn't all that bad when it happened. I mean, I had a huge wave of pain that went through my leg when I hit the ground but I just figured it was because I scraped some skin off. Once I got cleaned up though all the swelling came alive and I realized that the pain at impact was not from the scrapes but from how hard I hit the ground. I can say one thing too at this point...I am so SORE!!! So, I went to the bridal shop all bandaged. They were nice about it and said that there will be NO mountain biking starting 2 weeks before the wedding. Hmmm...I didn't think about that. I guess bandages aren't a very good accessory to a wedding dress.

So, I finally got my good fall where I bled and was battered. Funny how I almost felt like I was missing out on something because I hadn't achieved that. Although I will confess that it does make me feel a little card-core, I think I really could do with out the pain! :-) So, hope you enjoyed the Saturday post. There probably won't be a Monday one becuase of it!

2 comments:

Carrie Haughey said...

aw, I wish I could see the dress!! It sounds gorgeous though! I guess there will plenty of chances later though.. . ^_^

One of the ladies at my old church, her husband played frisbee golf the day before the wedding for his bachelors party... got POISON OAK!! he was all bumpy and rashy the day of the wedding!! luckily you can't really see it in the pictures, he just looks a bit sun burnt...

jenny said...

Ohhh... I loved trying on all the dresses! I had about 3 different styles that I loved... wanted to buy all three! I wish I could have another occasion to wear my dress to... hmmm... once I lose this baby belly, we'll see. :-)