Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Weird...

...how when you don't LIVE in front of the computer you don't THRIVE off people posting on their blogs. Hmmm. So, let's see, what to update on these last few days?...


On Monday I went with my friend Autumn to give her a second opinion on a wedding dress that she picked out in Paso. It was very pretty. It had lots of lace which is what I was drawn to when looking through pictures for my dress. I ended up with zero lace though. Oh well. Her dress is a bit unique too because it has really pretty lace straps. It's hard finding a strapped wedding dress right now. Strapless is very "in". So, that was fun.


I also ordered a Target dress to see if it will work as a bridesmaid dress. On the site it was really cute. We'll just add a sash in the color we want to spice it up. My only fear is that the dress may be too poofy. There's a tulle underlining that we may be able to take out to fix that. The best part is...it will only be about $48. Hey now, am I a kind bride or WHAT? And...you could definitely wear the dress again. LOL. Well, maybe they won't but at least it will be a $50 dress rather than a $150 dress!!! :-)

Tonight Jason and I started growth group which was just great. I lead a college girl's growth group for a year and a half. This isn't college students though. It's all different ages which is really nice. We thoroughly enjoyed our time and are looking forward to the rest of the quarter.

Hmmm, well, I guess that's it. Life is a bit strange right now. Looking for jobs and all that good stuff is very wearing on the ole' spirit. Especially when there are TWO of us doing it. Blah. Job hunting is never very fun I guess. So...pray for us that we find something that works with our schedules. I never realize how attached I am to my routines until I am stripped of them. You get in a rhythm it seems and then *wham,* it's gone. These are the times that I seem to lean on the Lord the most though...so I guess that's a good thing. :-) Well, that's all for now!!!Good night!!!

1 comments:

jenny said...

Hey - I've been missing your regular blogging. You and Lisa Leonard are the only people that blog every day! Or used to... :-) Can't wait to come home and see your beautiful dress - Autumn's too!
Hope the job hunting brings you some bacon soon!