Sunday, October 5, 2008

Yesterday was Saturday and I...

...did a great many things! :-)

Well, I think to say "a great many things" is a bit of an over-statement. I did soooome things though. Autumn picked me up and we hit the Sat. morning Farmer's in the Madonna Center. That's always fun. I bought strawberries, figs for Jason, radishes (I LOVE them), and yummy carrots. As we were walking around I noticed the guy who sells roses. I walked by his roses and scanned them over...beautiful. Then it occurred to me, "Hey, we need to find a place to get some roses for the wedding." (because we are going to make our own bridesmaid bouquets.) So, I walked on over and asked him what his selection was like in February. He said that it was good and he sells all year long. I told him that we needed flowers for our wedding. He said that if we come a couple of weeks before I can put my order in of everything that I would like and he will have them ready for me. Ummm...wow! So, each bouquet is like $8 I think...maybe $6. If we put two bouquets to each bridesmaid bouquet...we would be able to make all their bouquets for...like $50. Ha! Um, I think that may be just a tad cheaper than a florist!!! woohoo!!! I think that it would be a better idea to buy the roses on the Thur. Farmer's, put them in water, make the bouquets on Fri. night and...tada! Perfect! Yay, saving money is so fun! :-) It will even be easy to buy some test roses and make sure that a bouquet is actually possible!!! :-)

So, after the Farmer's Market Autumn and I went to the Nauty Bean and hung out there forEVER! She had to register for wedding presents online. I don't even remember what I did. I think I helped her or something. After a long stay there we went downtown and grabbed some Giuseppe's pizza...my fav. I love how thin and crispy the pizza is (although you can't beat Costco's price!) :-)

At 2:45pm I had an appt. at Sephora to get my make-up done. They were supposed to show me how to do my eye makeup. They gave me some pretty good ideas for foundation and cover-up. They put the eye makeup on me and...I just couldn't come around to it. Autumn said that it looked good, the make-up lady said that it looked good and I...thought that it looked like I had tripped and fell onto a plethora of eyeshadow colors. Way too heavy. It was very dark (for me). Apparently this is necessary for photos. Um, I'm not so sure that necessary is the word for it. I think that it's necessary that I feel comfortable and not like BoBo the Clown (I'm being very dramatic!). The true test was seeing Jason after all of it and asking him what he thinks. No go. I think his exact words were, "That's not Anna, where's Anna?" When I got to his house I took a kleenex and wiped a bunch of the eyeshadow off. That looked better. It was then that I realized that the colors weren't so bad...it was the quantity. So...we'll see. I know for a fact that I will be doing my own make-up so...just have to find the right colors. Anyways, all that to say...it was a fun day...and today we are going tux hunting!!! I'll fill you in on the colors when we get back.

4 comments:

Carrie Haughey said...

I did my makeup for our wedding too. I went with real neutral shades, tan's and browns and real shimmery. If you want me to show them to you i would be glad to. I just did regular old black eye liner and mascara, and then of course all the powder and blush and what not... You can see the pictures on my facebook.

jenny said...

Yah, I did my own makeup too... Trav's not a real fan of makeup... maybe a little bit of blush. And I just think I look rediculous with it. But... you made me laugh as usual describing your adventures. It was good to hear Autumn's voice over the phone the other day. We're going to have to hang out once I come home. Love ya!

jenny said...

Oh I know... I just love taht song too. It's by Ben Folds... that was Travis' and my first dance that we danced to at our wedding. I always get so sentimental about it... :-) Now, I sing it to Bella - along with Travvy. :-)

Mama Mote said...

Looks like you are getting things together, Anna. That's great! And it's fun to see how you are finding ways to save money. You go, girl!