Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Let's get some votes here!!!

First, I am one post away from my 200th post. Wow, that's a lot of blogging.


So, Jason and I went to Men's Warehouse to look at tux's. It was ok. There was no way for him to try one on and make sure that he liked the fit until a week before the wedding. Then if he wanted to send it in and change it he would be charged a fee. Jason is not a "last minute" kind of guy. Because of Jason's height and slender-ness he can look really boxy and short in a tux if it's not trim and fitted enough. Men's warehouse didn't have any colors that matched the sash samples that we picked out either. So, we decided to try Down the Isle...where I bought my dress. They have something where during the off season they send in for the tux and the groom gets a free "fitting". So, Jason will get the tux that he ordered in a couple of weeks and will be able to try it on and make sure that it is in fact the one that he wants. No guessing or thinking, "wow, I hope it works". We will know well before the wedding. So, that's great. As for colors...I think black, white, and claret red :-) i.e. burgundy-ish color. That's tentative though! :-)

Now, for the voting part of this blog. As most of you know if you buy a veil in the bridal store it will cost you at least $120. I was recommended this site...occansey designs. They make custom veils (and we're talking VERY custom). The price with shipping...$45-$55 depending on what I get. Now there are two veils that I like (I found them in the testimonial pages). One is a double layer and one is a single layer. I won't wear the blusher veil thing so there isn't a real need for a second layer but I like the way it looks none the less. I don't know if it matters but I'm planning on having a lowish up-do...where my fancy bun thing will be not quite at my neck but on the low side. I was thinking that I would place the veil above the bun rather than below it (at least this is what I'm thinking). So, I thought the thinner one would be better for that. Ok, all that aside...here they are. Which do you like best?......

Veil #1?

Or Veil #2?

8 comments:

Kristen Borland said...

ooo, tough! #1 would show off your bun more, but i love the layer look of #2 (which is a lot like the one i had, so go figure i like it, huh!).

soooo... #2

Carrie Haughey said...

number one! I think the simplicity of it will compliment your hair and I think it fits you better than the other one, especially if you aren't going to use the blusher...

Kali said...

Oh, a vote! I like this...I'm going to go with #1. I don't have a great reason - it seems a little more simple & chic, which sounds more like what you're going for. So there you go :-)

Anonymous said...

I like number one because it's simple, but depending on the dress you get number two could be sooooo adorable, i like how there is a lot of "bunch" at the bottom of number two!

Cara said...

I think it depends on the detail in the back of your dress....less detail go for the 2 layers (so pretty) but if you want your hair or dress to show go for the single layer (simple is beautiful too).

So..Keith is out of town this weekend for Josh L.'s wedding but maybe next week you and Jason could come over. Keith is home on Tuesday nights (although that's biggest loser night - you could watch it with us :) or he's off Friday nights too. Let me know...if Friday works better and if I'm feeling ok we could always go out for some dessert after Bekah's in bed.

liz oelker said...

i think the simple #1 is more you but I do agree with Cara's post :)

Kate said...

veil number 2 all the way! its just more pretty!

Anonymous said...

That is a hard one! I'm going to vote for the single layer, so it would be easier to see your dress. But, the double layer is extra pretty.