Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Two days till Halloween. What will YOU be?

Hello all!

Well, I'm back. I've returned from my dark 6 day trip of depression...where I retreated to a cave and wallowed in my sadness (if you are confused read the next post). Ok, so maybe not. I actually forgot about blogging though and just remembered. It's a lot more fun to read other people's blogs sometimes...easier too, then to write on your own.

So, yes, the bike is still gone. I was talking to Jason and Mike W. tonight at Growth Group and he was saying how the Lord had really been gracious to him in not allowing him to really miss a lot of the activities that he loved before his accident. It was funny because I was thinking about that yesterday. I mean, the day of and the next day...I was really sad. On the other hand though, I haven't missed it like I thought I would. I think that the Lord has just really helped me to release it and move on. Soooo...there you have it. You can ask me more about that though when I have to deny or be left behind on my first mountain bike ride. That hasn't really come up yet so we'll see how I handle it. :-)

Well, I did purchase a new bike. It's a commuter/hybrid bike. Basically it looks like a mountain bike, has no suspension, and has thinner road tires. I like it a lot. It's a Trek. Some guy on a motorcycle today (at the stop light) pulled up next to me and complimented me on it even! haha. Anyways, it's nothing fancy. It was pretty much the cheapest bike we could find. It will serve me well I believe. We also got a MUCH thicker metal lock that weighs about 10lbs for it. Hopefully that will deter the next person.

On another note...the Harvest Festival. So, Jason and I have the coolest Halloween costume idea. Oh yes. First I suggested we be milk and a cookie. I was going to make a milk carton out of a refrigerator box and Jason could wear it. Then I would cut two round circles out of cardboard with shoulder straps and paint a cookie on it. He didn't like the idea of being in a box all night. Bummer. I thought it was very cool!!! :-) Last year he was a scuba diver and I was a fish. Good times. This year...if all goes as planned...we will be another very cool combo costume. I'm SO excited. As long as we can get my dad's help we'll be fine. SO....come to the Harvest Festival to see what we will be. If you can't come I'm sure I'll post a pic on this thing the next day.

Ok! Well, have a great rest of the week and I'll chat with you all in a few days!!!

2 comments:

Kali said...

I'm a Q-tip today (pictures to follow on my blog) - I can't wait to see what costumes you & Jason came up with!

liz oelker said...

http://www.people.com/people/gallery/0,,20237022,00.html?xid=email-peopledaily-20081031-20237022
Hopefully the link works. Saw this and started cracking up-it's not completely one of your ideas but reminded me of you :) don't forget to post pics asap. I really want to see what you guys decide on