Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Not much to say...

I can't believe that it is already Wednesday. Gosh, I feel like the last few weeks have just flown by. I think that it's because we have so many things going during the week. We have growth group on Wednesdays, and marriage counseling every other week. Every Wed. now comes with the same thought, "Wow, Wed. again?" The same thing with marriage counseling. Those two weeks just fly by. Crazy but...we only have 3 1/2 months left. At our next marriage counseling appt...it will be 3 months away. Then after the 3 month mark...we start saying 2 months and so and so weeks. 2 months sounds really close. I can't imagine what it will be like when we are saying "One month." Ok, I definitely just got ahead of myself there...


Not too much is happening on the marriage prep front. There's a lot of things we need to do...like order my veil, candles, figure out flowers, and call the wedding coordinator for Grace (yep, still haven't called her). We also need to confirm the whole tux thing. I need to call the cake lady about our cake and call Judi who is in charge of decorating the reception area. So much stuff...and yet...zero panic. I keep thinking, ahhhh, it'll get done! :-) And it will (hopefully! Although I had another dream a couple of nights ago that it was the day of and we had practically nothing done. I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off.) Oh did I tell you that Allie C. is going to be heading up our food at the wedding? That's right. Did you know that "heading up the food" means that she will grocery shop for us if we want. Um, that's amazing. So, I don't have to worry about food, I don't have to worry about reception decor. I don't have to worry about sanctuary decor. Wait! What will I do the day before the wedding? Oh yes, that's right...get coffee, a manicure, and sit back and relax. haha. (We'll see if that really happens...hopefully though!)


Also, a confession...I practiced applying my make-up last night. I felt like a bit of a dork. I figure though if I do it 5 times or so before the wedding then when the actual day comes I'll be good to go. I would get it done but it's like $60 (and I've already stated that they do it a tad to heavy for my liking!). I'd also rather spend $6o and get that in make-up...something I can actually use again. Things I need to work on are...applying eyeliner (Oh, I can apply it...but in a straight, EVEN, and nice line?...um, needs some work), applying mascara (this too I can apply...it's my staple make-up because my eyelashes are so bLoNdE, but I get it all over my eyes when I do it. Normally it's not a big deal because I use a Q-tip and fix it. But when you apply eyeshadow first...you don't really want to remove what you just did. Which brings me to the next one...), eyeshadow. To me, this is the hardest. I bought some colors that I'm happy with...just need to put them on in an appealing way! Things I'm good at doing: foundation application (I don't wear it really but I mastered this skill quickly...big accomplishment eh?), cover up application (this is another staple make-up for me), and lip gloss application. :-) I'd say on a scale of 1-10 I'd give my self a 6 today. It was weird to see the make-up on though...def. way more than I'm used to and yet they were neutral, nice tones. Nothing crazy. My favorite part...the blush and the color of lip stuff I picked out....LOVE it!


Ok, enough about that.

Well, I think I'm done typing now. I believe I shall grab some java and curl up in the WARM morning sun. I'm loving this hot weather. Is it too much to ask for it to stay like this until February? Maybe global warming will have an effect this year and it won't get cold. That would be nice. If that DID happen...I would officially LOVE global warming!!! Who needs glaciers? Definitely overrated!!! haha.

3 comments:

Brianna Heldt said...

Too fun!

I love Alli's cooking. She brought us a meal when our boys came home, and then after Kaitlyn was born. YUMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alissa Joy said...

polar bears need glaciers :)

liz oelker said...

yeah no need to stress...especially when you're part of the Grace family. I was so blessed at how many people offered to help when I was married. And besides, you've got a few months left-plenty of time to get it all done. :)