Monday, October 13, 2008

Weekend events...

Hmmm. What to say, what to say? Let's talk about the weekend! :-)

So, Jason and I went to Target on Saturday morning to register. Well, let's rewind. First we went to Uptown for some coffee to take on the road. While we were there one of the guys that Jason's knows from Art's Cyclery walked up to him and told him about this amazing Specialized demo that was happening at Laguna Lake. Jason was excited...so was I. Jason wanted to not go to Target and go to the demo. I wanted to just get Target done and then go to the demo afterwards. I should have listened to Jason...

First, Target was a bit of a let down. The zapper thing didn't really work all that well and I really felt like Target didn't have much of a selection as far as home stuff. We did however register for a $650 TV. HAHAHA! Yeah, a bit of a stretch eh? Why not give it a try though...you never know! Maybe we have some long lost relative who has an exceptional amount of money. Maybe. I also wanted to register for a Wii. :-) We didn't though. So, Target took very little time compared to our Bed, Bath, and Beyond adventure. We got to the demo at about 1pm or so. We first road mountain bikes. Jason LoVeD his. I enjoyed mine. I was out of shape and so the uphill was a bit painful...and I voiced it. :-/ This will mean nothing to most of you but the handlebars were way closer to the seat than they were on my bike. While going downhill I felt like I was going to flip over the handlebars at any moment. Being that it's probably a $5000 bike...mmmm, not keen on falling and breaking anything. It was also my first ride after my last fall and I think it rattled me a bit. I felt a bit more cautious than normal. After that Jason rode another mountain bike and I rode a road bike...WEIRD! I've never rode one before. I also was out too long and they had packed up and were pretty much done when I got back. VERY embarrassing. So, it was great to get to demo and all but next time...I'll listen to Jason. :-) It would have been fun to be out there all day.

On another note...I joined Kennedy. Yeah, I'm a gym rat now. Well, not really. I will use it though. I used the Cal Poly gym the whole time I went to Poly. I used to hate gyms but have grown to like them. I love to exercise but hate going out in the cold/rain/wind. Winter is coming so it will be great to have a place to burn some energy at!!! Jason has been going to Kennedy for a while now. He loves there 50m long pool. He's a swimmer...I'm a runner. We're going to try to do some of those Core classes too together. Yay. Hello 6-pack. Well, realistically...a 4-pack. I can never get those bottom 2 muscles...oh well. Anyways, I think that's about it. Hope everyone has a great week and...adios!

1 comments:

Liv said...

six pack, Four pack, who cares! At least you can SEE your muscles!
you guys are going to have the most packed and chisled kids on the block!!!