Thursday, October 2, 2008

HeLLo tO yOu!!!

Hello! In honor of my daily writing that I used to do I thought that I would do two posts in a row...although I don't know what this will say...

So, the "bridesmaid" dress that I ordered came in today and I will say...not bad. It's a bit poofy. My friend Autumn happened to stop by while it came so she had the JoY of trying the thing on!!! hahaha. So, like I said it's totally poofy. It has this double layer of thick, stiff tulle in it though and it's barely attached. Autumn thought that if we cut it out and had it taken in a little on each side at the skirt then it would be great. The tulle is seriously ridiculous. It's so stiff and it's double thick. You can make shapes out of it in the skirt and they'll stay! When you sit down it holds that shape when you stand up and makes your rear look 4 feet wide. Very impressive! haha! Jason and I are going to take it with us to the tux place and try to match it to the black of the tux's (the dress is black). We are going to make complimenting sashes in either burgundy, blue, or white, that will go around the girl's waists and the sash will match the ties on the grooms men. YeS! I think that we have something here folks!!! VeRy ExCiTiNg!!!! We decided that when we go I'll wear the dress and he can be the grooms men and we can match the outfits that way. Oh so clever... :-)

Jason and I also met with our photographer lady and gave her a chuck of moo-lah! So, it's official, we have a photographer!!!! YAY! We need to schedule a time for engagement shots now. That could be fun...!

On another note...I need to go to bed earlier. Ugh. I have been going to bed at 12am pretty much every night. No bueno. My sleep isn't nearly as good when I do that. I love it when I can get to bed by 10:30pm and wake up at 7:30am. It seems like the perfect amount of sleep (yes, I like to get at least 9 hours of sleep...I love sleep) and the perfect time frame to sleep in. :-) Maybe tomorrow night....

2 comments:

Larissa said...

9 hours of sleep is how much I need to be at my best too....maybe someday that will happen again.

The dresses sound fun. Good idea about the sashes!

Cara said...

It sounds like you are getting a ton done for the wedding....and those bridesmaid dresses sound awesome! You shouldn't have posted that you were going to fix them and let your girls freak out for a bit :)...he he he! Hope you are doing well - Keith and I miss you guys!