Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Tamale Man comes to the Rescue!

Well, I once again forgot my lunch. I probably forget it once a week. I seem to be running late for work once a week and this is when I usually forget it. Anyways, I was sitting at my desk, wishing that I had my lunch. My stomach was growling and I was thinking of what I would buy at Trader Joe's for lunch. All of a sudden the tamale man comes in asking me if I would like to buy a tamale/chili relleno plate. WooHoo! Good timing! I didn't actually have any cash but I always give him an I.O.U. If he had a schedule of when he came by I might actually be able to pay him the day of for once. So...I have lunch, yay!

Normally he just sells tamales, like 6 of them. I like that better. I eat two for lunch the day of, leave two in the fridge at work for the next day, and give two to Jason for his lunch the next day. The combo platter I got was ok today but I actually wasn't a huge fan of the chili relleno. The chili was weird tasting and I normally like that dish. Oh well. So, I have a happy tummy. I'm a sucker for home made Mexican food!

Well my friends...I have two more days left until vacation. There won't be any blogging for a whole week! Wowie! :-)

1 comments:

jenny said...

Yummy... Mexican. They don't have much of that genuine stuff over here in Wichita. Bummer. You made my mouth water. Vacay! I want to come!! Oh, and thank you for all your comments about my crafts. :-) I'm loving red right now...