Thursday, July 31, 2008

Here it goes... :-)

Well, this is probably the post that many of you have been waiting for. What's that do you ask? Oh, don't play coy with me! I know that all of you who know Jason and I have been secretely waiting for the post that says...."I'm engaged!"

Well ladies and...uh, ladies (I don't think there are any gents who read this) **Edit: There are some men that have read this and sooooo I take that back! Ladies and gents, Jason and I are ENGAGED!!!

Jason proposed on Sunday night while we were walking down the beach (yeah, after the Custom House on Day 8 of vacation). It was so sweet and intimate. Just the way that I imagined it would be. Perfect! It's still a little nuts. I mean I know that I'm engaged and that we are getting married and yet...it still feels surreal. It's been nice keeping it hush hush for the last few days. It's given us a little time to adjust to the idea. Crazy! I am just so thankful to our great God who has showed Himself to be SO faithful through out our relationship. He has been our Rock through our friendship and dating relationship, He is our Rock during this crazy planning time, and will be our Rock in the years to come. I am so thankful to the Lord that He has given Jason to me as a best friend, now a fiance, and soon...a husband. Praise God!

So my fabulous friends...there you have it! We were a little nervous to let it out in the open (I don't really know why...I think that it's just been slightly anticipated by a few :- ), but eventually we gotta spill the beans! :-) Anyways, I thought that tomorrow I would post a little more on the details of the proposal...it seems every girl wants to know all about that. I know I always do! (I'll see what I can remember. It was sort of a blur.)

Olivia! I fully laughed outloud when I read your comment on the last post. Funny stuff!

Also...let me not forget...a couple of pictures. :-) (It is really hard to get a good picture of a ring...it took me a few tries. The pictures don't do it justice but that's ok!)



18 comments:

Liv said...

wow! I am so excited for you two! I have been trying to be patient and not ask, but then the whole vacation and I couldnt contain myself! I am sooooo happy for you guys, I think its awesome you guys waited and that ring is so delicate and beautiful!!!! Enjoy your engagement and revel in the joy God has given you two!!!

Carrie Haughey said...

Gorgeous Ring!

I saw your status on Facebook and ran (clicked?) right over here to get the story!!! Exciting!

Jason and Anna said...

I don't know why I was so hesitant to change my status on facebook. It's just a really fast way for everyone to know. It kinda freaked me out. haha. Oh well. Better that everyone knows at one time I guess! :-)

Carrie Haughey said...

Everyone at the church office knows now... emails are flying left and right!!! :0) Such excitement!

Jason and Anna said...

LOL!!! Oh my goodness! What a crack up!!!

Our Life Together said...

Congrats Anna. I was agreeing with Liv and wondering when you 2 would get engaged, I mean you were dating when I got married. That ring is SO beautiful!!!! Good job Jason. Can't wait to hear more details. :)

Tim said...

Congrats you, two. Rejoicing and praising the Lord with you... Pastor Tim

P. Steve said...

congratulations you guys! I was just wondering about you two the other day--way to get in the game Jason! There's a ton of rejoicing going alongside you right now.

Steve

Lindsey said...

Hallelujah! I had a hunch it was coming during your little vacation. I'm so stinkin excited anna : ) Actually I think sometimes I forgot that you weren't already engaged! Congratulations you old-almost-married-woman.

jenny said...

Oh Anna - it's absolutely beautiful! I just love the sides! Don't you just stare at it all day long?? I'm excited to hear the details... when I told Travis yesterday, he was so excited for you too, HE wanted to hear all the details, but I didn't really have any to share! :-) I know what you mean about being hesitant to share - I felt the same way, and the same way when I got preggo! :-) Us girls are too funny...

Kate said...

Oh WOW! That has got to be the most flippin beautiful ring in the world!!!! Way to go Jason! And congratulations! Have you set a date?

Larissa said...

Holy Cow! What a gorgeous ring!!!

Congratulations you guys! I'm so happy for you. Much blessing to you both!

Kristen Borland said...

OH MY GOSH!!! Yes, I have been WAITING for this post and fully expected it to be included in the vacation recap. WOW, you guys are good with secrets.

That ring is absolutely stunning! Jason has great taste!

Can't wait to hear the story!

Oh, and I almost forgot to say CONGRATULATIONS!

Arijaan Bulk said...

yay! :)

Kali said...

Congratulations, Anna!! How exciting! I'm kind of out of blog world right now, but saw your "relationship status" change on facebook and immediately hopped over here to check out the exciting news. What a sweet story - one you will charish always. Dan & I both wish you two the best!

Cara said...

You are such a loser!!! :) I was going to call you about doing dinner on Thurs. but didn't and now I wish I had...I guess that makes me the loser. We are so happy for you both! I think it's time that Keith and Jason get back to the gym so that we can talk about wedding stuff :)....yay....oh and I love the ring..Jason did good!

Alissa Joy said...

wow anna! this is so awesome. i want you to know that everytime I go to the badgers I hope that she will give me the news that you two are engaged. well the one time i dont ask "are they engaged yet!??!?!" cara says "oh you know anna and jason are engaged right?" i jumped with excitement!

and.. um.. your ring is absolutely gorgeous. it is so beautifully vintage looking. so pretty! probably one of my favorites ever.

im so happy for the two of you :)
this is just beautiful. what a blessing!!

Brianna Heldt said...

CONGRATULATIONS! SO exciting, yay! God bless you guys! Being married is the best! (And enjoy every moment of being engaged, it is such a fun time of anticipation and excitement!)