Monday, July 14, 2008

I <3 Weekends!

I think that the sun miiiight be starting to peak it's little head out today. Yay! This weekend was gorgeous. Such a nice warm temperature. Not quite warm enough to go to the beach but that's ok.

So, on Friday Jason and I went and visited the Badger's at the hospital. We saw little Sadie Joan! She was so sweet and super cute. Jason just loved her. He's so good with babies. Jason has that whole "body heat" thing going for him. She was totally crashed out in his arms. The one time she screamed bloody murder I was holding her :-). I guess I don't have the touch. He's super excited for his sister to have #3 in late Oct. Yay!

There was no mountain biking and no climbing this weekend. Shocking huh? Jason has a bum shoulder and I ordered him to back off of it for a while. He decided that it was probably a good idea. We instead opted to go on a hike. It ended up being a 14 mile hike...or about. We went up in Irish Hills and hiked what we normally ride plus some more, and then looped back and did it backwards. There's a lot of trails back there that I didn't even realize. We found a "hiker's only" trail that would be really fun to ride...but we won't because we are "good, respectful mountain bikers" :-). I have to say one thing that I was very surprised about...my legs and lower back were sooooo tired from hiking. Both Jason and I were really surprised. I just figured, "I'm in ok shape, I mountain bike." Walking though uses different muscles than biking. The front of my legs...in the shin area were pretty sore the next day. Wow. I guess it's good practice for the vacation...especially if we do end up conquering Half Dome.

So, Jason got a new toy. A new 2005 S-Works frame, a Talas fork, and a front derailleur. It was a really good deal. It's in great condition too...the frame has had 5 rides on it. Jason is pretty much going to get a new bike for not much money at all. He's going to transfer some of his parts from his old bike and there is a guy who is going to buy his old frame and everything else left on it. Crazy. Basically he couldn't decide if he wanted to drop the money at first. I know he can afford it. He just wasn't sure if it was wise. So, we went to CBO to have them look at the possibly new frame and get their opinion on whether he should buy it. Then out of no where a guy asks Jason if he could possibly buy his old bike. I think that helped solidify the decision. So, he has a week to rebuild the new frame. He now has almost 5 inches of travel rather than 3. He is a good down-hiller and so I think he will really enjoy the extra suspension. I'm really excited for him too. He did SO much for me and my bike. So, I'm happy that he can put some time into a bike for himself. He got almost 8 years of use with his old bike so he's about due I think. He definitely went the "financially responsible" route too!

Well, Happy Monday everyone!

P.S. So, I totally write this blog with the idea that only females read this. I installed that world map thing on my page. I saw how people all over the world have viewed my blog! I began to realize that I might want to watch what I say. I'm sure there are posts on here that are more "female appropriate" then "male appropriate." Who knows though. :-)

0 comments: