Friday, July 11, 2008

The conclusion I've come to...

Office space at the place I work may be over priced. If you don't know, I work at a place where they rent office space to small business owners. I help over see the business complex as a whole. Soooo exciting :-). So, I've shown office space to two people today. I showed one particular office to person #1 The office has a window but it's really small. It's $695/month. He said, "Wow, I pay less than that and I have a nice office downtown with a parking spot." I reply with an, "Oh wow!" I guess he was looking to save money and pay a little less somewhere. Honestly too, our office spaces aren't all that nice, they feel 70's ish...which is when they were built. There's a newer section of the building that are pretty nice but most of those are rented. Then person #2 comes. He straight out tells me that our office spaces are overpriced. Oh. Ok. Sorry?

After #2 left I decided to hop online and do some comparing. They're right. You can get a bigger office downtown for about the same price as one of our smaller ones. Being that it's downtown and the rent is so high...it would seem that it should be more money...not less. Strange. People keep leaving too here. My boss/the owner is kind of one of those landlord's who are really picky and are all up in your business. Renter's would prefer to not see their landlord unless they need them. He doesn't grasp that. I think that people get annoyed and find a better place where they can feel left alone. It's sad but true. Someone needs to tell him....but it certainly won't be me. Or anyone else for that matter. He's like 80 years old for crying out loud, who'd have the heart to break it to him? So, that's the conclusion I came to today.

Did I mention that it's Friday??? Yay oh yay!!!

0 comments: