Wednesday, July 9, 2008

So close...

GOOOoooooood Morning! So, I finally got the notice in the mail telling me that I have officially graduated. Golly, finally! It hasn't been easy to obtain the degree...not because of the classes I had to take but because of all the weird logistics and forms that I had to turn in. Uggh. I got the letter yesterday telling me that I had received my degree and to check the Cal Poly Portal to make sure that my degree and minor were correct. I almost didn't check it and then I thought...well, it's Cal Poly...I probably should. And guess what...they don't have my minor on there! Aaaahhhh! It really wouldn't be that big of a deal except for I have been running around going back and forth for about a month. I thought...Finally, I'm done! Nope! So, I have to get back on the phone once again and figure out what went wrong. I just really want my stinkin' diploma. I don't see how this should effect that though because they don't put your minor on your diploma anyways. This would be so much easier if I wasn't working 8 hours a day. The Record's Office is open select hours a day and of course I'm working during those times. Oh well. It'll get taken care of!


Well, I've been checking SLOJobs and other sites for another job. I'm not desperately seeking or anything. It's more like if something is enticing enough than I'll apply for it. I found the perfect job yesterday. Well, it's only part time...very part time...so it's not perfect. It involved coming on MWF from 10am-2pm to care for an elderly couple in their house. You would clean for them, make lunch, and also make a dinner that they could just re-heat. Oh, I wish I could do that! It said on the ad "similar experience required". I got all excited at the thought that, "Hey! I do have that experience!" I could not swing that though. I'd have to find like 4 house cleaning jobs to go with that, or something, in order to make it possible. Oh well. What can you do!?!

So, the weekend is quickly approaching my friends and I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday. Adios!!!

2 comments:

jenny said...

Bummer about the job... don't you just wish the perfect one could fall into your lap?
I don't have my diploma either! I have no clue where it is... so I need to call NWC, but of course... I never do.

Love you and miss you!

jenny said...

Do you have your address for me yet, goofball?