Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Days 6-8

So, to preface this there are some pictures posted. I added some to the end of my last two posts and this one has some too!!! YAY!

Day 6: Jason's parents had two weeks for vacation (Jason and I only had one). They decided that they would camp for half and rent a condo for the other half. So, we packed up all our stuff and headed over to Mammoth to stay in the condo. It was an ok day. Oh, we also "bouldered" before we left. That's in quotes because the routes were SO hard. It was a good attempt though. So, it was our last full day and packing kind of broke it up. It was nice though to not have to worry about packing and all that jazz before we left. We got to sleep in a bed and take a shower. We also watched some TV which was really weird. It's funny how little you miss things like television and Internet when you're in the great outdoors! We got some Mexican food to conclude the day.

This was a behemoth of a dandilion. It was seriously bigger than my fist! It was really exciting!

Day 7: This was a very uneventful day. It was a travel day. It went by way slower than the ride to the campsite. Jason and I took Jason's dad's truck with the bikes back home and left his parents there to continue their vacation (with their Camry)...lucky dogs! It was nuts to drive home with those bikes on the back. It really weighted the back of the truck and kind of made the back swing around more than I'd prefer. We got home at around 4:30 though and unloaded everything. We didn't want vacation to be over just yet so we decided to do something fun that evening and not go to church the next morning. Oooooh, so naughty. So, after unloading it all we went to Panda Express and rented a movie. That was quite fun.

Day 8: Sunday! So, I slept in and had a nice easy morning. Jason called me and picked me up to take me to Linnea's to get latte's and waffles...oh, and an apple pastry! :-) After that we did some cleaning and what not for his parent's. We also went climbing at SLO-OP. Jason decided that we needed to go see a movie and go out to eat to top the vacation off. So, we went to the old theater is AG and saw Kung Fu Panda for the second time. That was the first time I had been to that theater. I really liked it. We saw Kung Fu Panda already when it was first released but we had this really loud annoying little girl next to us. She was way too young to be there but the mom just wouldn't take her out. Anyways, we saw it again and thought it was so funny. We really missed a lot of lines in it. After that we went to the Custom House in Avila, sat at the bar, and split a fish and chips and a beer. Yummmy! We were hoping to see his brother but he wasn't working that night. We ended the evening with a very lovely stroll down the beach... :-). It was a great way to end the vacay!

This was a field at our campsite where I kept trying to convince Jason to frolic with me. He wasn't as excited about the idea as I was (sshhh...I have been able to get him to do it with me a couple of times in the past. I think he was bashful since his parents were there...hehe.)

3 comments:

Liv said...

seriously anna, I dont get it! You two spend almost every second together (so it seems) for the last 2 years and your both out of college, why are you not married yet?!?!? I know its totally none of my bees wax but I had to ask or exclaim my wondring.
You two look like you had soooooo much fun! I really am jealous that you can climb so well.
Tommy and I are going for a vacation when we move we really need one.
I love the pictures you should post more the outdoors ones of you biking is so awesome!
liv

jenny said...

Oh Anna - sounds like a wonderful vacay! Wish I could have been there with you- and I know you wish I were with you too. :-) Loved talking with you today! Take it easy and post more pictures of the vacation! I want to revel in Cali beauty!

Jason and Anna said...

Oh Olivia...
patience my dear...patience! :-)