Thursday, July 10, 2008

Morning Ride...

What a warm, beautiful day!!! I especially experienced this on my solo mountain bike ride this morning! (It was a small one up Madonna Mt.) :-) First off...there were a ton of people out there. I was the only mountain biker but there were tons of hikers and runners. I think that it was the most I've ever seen...and it was at 8am. It was such a warm morning that I think it enticed more than just me to get out there and have a little work out. I rode over to the Marsh street entrance and rode up that route. Then I went down the back and dropped into Laguna Lake. It was pretty fun. By the time I was half up the mountain I think I had dumped about a gallon of sweat. I was so hot. Even my arms were totally saturated. I saw my old cross country coach and some of his high school runners while coming down. Cross Country season is in the fall and he always did optional conditioning days during the summer in order to get a little head start on training. Madonna mountain was one of those runs. I remember those days. I really loved cross country...even though I cursed it often during many of the races. i.e. Mt. SAC. Ugggh! That was a killer.

It was sort of fun to get out on my own too. Before I met Jason I was a fairly avid runner. I ran Bishop's peak about 3x's a week. It took a lot too for me to be willing to sacrifice that time. I have no idea but sometimes I just like to get out and work my body on my own. I think it's a time to just...think. Jason's the opposite. He likes people to go with him. One, for motivation and two, for that competition (maybe it's a boy thing). He's not a fan of me riding on my own. He'd prefer that I stick with the smaller rides like Madonna if I'm solo. I realize that I ride a lot faster and push myself way harder when I'm with people. So, that's a good thing. Maybe that's why I enjoyed the ride so much...there was no way for me to know how slow or fast I was going...no competition. I just got to crank away and think...and it didn't involve any thoughts about how far away I was from the person ahead of me.

Ooooh, before I forget...Congrats Cara and Keith on your babe!!! Little Sadie Joan is her name I believe! I think that she should be out by now. Yay!!! Can't wait to meet her! :-)

0 comments: