Tuesday, July 8, 2008

T-Shirt knit and Sunday School

Ok, so last weekend I experimented with that jersey knit stuff...um, no! It's ridiculous. My machine kept sucking it up. Very lame. I used an old shirt that had a stain on it...rather than buying new stuff. It was a bit thin and so maybe if I used some more sturdy stuff it would work better. I don't know. I want one of those cool dummies that you can adjust to your size and put clothes on. That would be way easier. I'm sure those are very affordable! ;-)...or not.

I just got reminded that tonight is the Mustang Water slides family night with Grace Church. I'm not really sure if I'll end up going. It just seems like it would be very cold. Cold and I don't do all that well together. I guess we'll see.

So, I just gave the final "I'll do it" to Dori for teaching the 4th/5th grade girl's Sunday school class next year. I've been teaching Sunday school off and on since I graduated from high school. I did the 4's and 5's with Jason this last year and that was...interesting. I loved them, they cracked me up, but there was a TON of disciplining. I tried to work out a system, but gee whiz. Some of those kids were so naughty that it would sort of ruin the class. Anyways, Jason wanted to take a break...and also knew that little kids were not really his thing. I was going to take a break too but then Dori asked me to do 4th and 5th grade girls...only until Dec. though. There is another teacher who is out of the country who normally does the class but she'll be back in Dec. So, I sat on the idea for a while and the more and more I thought about it, the more and more I wanted to give it a try. I've done junior high, I've done the nursery, I've done 2's and 3's, 4's and 5's, and now, why not...how about 4th and 5th grade girls!?! If it was a co-ed class I don't think that I would do it but since it's only girls...it just sounded really fun. So...I'm teaching Sunday school again. :-) I'm excited about the curriculum and being able to go a little deeper than say a 4 or 5 year old can go. It'll be really fun! Do 4th and 5th graders do crafts? Hmmm. I guess I can ask them!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Yay! I'm going to be the 6th grade girls Sunday School teacher so I'll be upstairs with you : ) I can't believe I won't be with the babies any more!

Jason and Anna said...

Uh yeah, that's really weird. You are like the baby queen!!! What ever will you do? We'll probably walk into your sunday school to you singing the 6th graders lullabies and trying to burb them. This could be a strange class! :-)