Monday, July 14, 2008

So I was thinking...

I have some "life goals"...I mean, doesn't every one? Some of them are pretty attainable and will most likely happen naturally with each phase in life...like getting married and having children. There are some goals though that are a little more lofty and a little more adventurous. So, here are some of mine:


1. Witness the Northern Lights
2. Sky dive
3. Take a road trip from Washington to the bottom tip of South America.
4. Cycle across the US...from Cali. to North Carolina's Outer Banks.
5. Conquer a major peak (haven't decided on which one yet).
6. Live abroad and learn a second language.
7. Serve the LORD and be CONTENT no matter where I am.
8. Run a marathon.
9. Backpack through Europe.
10. Do the 3 day mountain bike race in Utah.
11. See the Grand Canyon (I still haven't seen it)
12. Go to Israel.
13. Snowboard on the Swiss Alps.
WARNING: VERY lofty! 14. I would love to (one day) take some part in sharing the Gospel with an unreached people group. I mean, I could do the dishes and wash the laundry of the people that are actually doing the ministry if it meant I got to form relationships with the people group and witness God's hand at work.

So, there you go. Not sure why I decided to write about that. I have lately been wanting to carry out #4, and#6, and of course I probably need to work on #7! :-) I noticed that most of those are totally things that need to be done while young. I should think of some that can be done when I'm a little older. I mean, I guess my Nana was 70 years old when she went sky diving! :-) Really...it was amazing. We have a video of it and all. (The pic. is not my Nana, it's some other studly elderly woman who did it!) :-)

PS: On a totally different topic...I'm totally addicted to the Tour de France. Two nights ago I flipped it on for some background noise. I ended up sitting down and watching it...and I didn't go to bed until the stage was complete. The scenery is AMAZING and I was mesmorized by the competition and sheer strength it takes to do this race. I watched stage 9 as Ricco attacked Efimkin (or what ever his name is). He started out 2 1/2 min behind him and then totally closed in on some pretty good climbs. On stage 10 I watched team mates Piepoli and Cobo come in together as 1st and 2nd place. Very cool. I believe they are starting some of the hardest stages...into the Alps. So, that will be really cool to watch.

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Seeing the Northern Lights is at the top of my list too! I get major goosebumps when i look at pictures or see video footage of it - so i can't imagine how it would feel to see something that magnificent in PERSON. (I even love the name - aurora borealis. So cool sounding! :) )

Jason and Anna said...

I totally agree!!! So Sarah, I think you have commented a couple of times on my blog right? So, do I know you or did you just find my blog some how? I'd totally love to know how you found it!!! :-)

jenny said...

Okay, so I had written you a note and then meant to put the picture inside... but I totally forgot til after I mailed it... the pic is on the way! Sorry...

jenny said...

PS- I saw the Northern lights ONCE while living in MN. So cool, but they were kinda hard to see because of all the city lights. To be in Alaska and see them!! Ahhh...

Kristen said...

Yes, alaska seems to be the place to go! I ~have~ commented on your blog before (on the "swimsuit post" i believe!). It's hard to remember exactly how i found it - i believe i saw a comment you had posted on either kristen or lisa l.'s blog, and then i came on over to yours. I live in slo!

Jason and Anna said...

Cool! I was just curious! :-)