Thursday, July 3, 2008

Anna...The American Gladiator and...seamstress?

Well, last night, actually the night before, I had a dream that I was competing on American Gladiator. I was totally kicking butt too! In the dream, I woke up in the morning and got a call from American Gladiator telling me that I was chosen to compete. If I won than I would receive $50,000. Sweeeet! So, I figured, "Hey, I can run over and compete with enough time to open work at 8am...it's ok if I'm a few minutes late!" So, I went and competed in the last relay thing that's on the show. That relay thing that looks so fun to do if it was a casual competition...definitely not something I'd want to do on TV in front of millions of viewers. I totally creamed the girl. It was pretty cool! I was so pumped! (I also was pretty much convinced that this was all really happening!)

So, they wanted me to compete again but I told them that I had to go open for work first. I ran (literally, like next door) over to my work and opened it. It was 10am! Oh no! Just two hours late. I saw the owner there and snuck into the building and sat down at my desk. I pretended that I had been there all morning (I'm very deceitful in my dream!). Finally I told my work that I had to go back over to the American Gladiator set because I was going to win $50,000. They let me go. So, I went back and competed in that thing were you are strapped to a harness and you have to put the ball into the hoop that's way above you. You have to hit the button to make it take you up there. Yeah, I totally won on that too. So, basically, I think that I secretly want to compete on American Gladiator. I think that most of the events looks fun. I don't think though that I would appreciate being slammed by she-man's. They are some seriously beefy women. I could do without that! :-)

Ok, now that we have covered the "Anna the American Gladiator" we can start on the "Anna the seamstress" part...the seamstress with the ghetto, fabulous sewing machine (I seriously am not a seamstress AT ALL...I can't even read a pattern!) So, two nights ago I was working on another bag when all of a sudden the sewing machine went at warp speed all by itself. I was working on a strap that I was trying to keep a nice, neat, and close edge to...HA! Good thing it was at the end of the strap and part of it will be covered. Anyways...so yes, my machine has a true mind of it's own. Sometimes it turns on, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it sews at 80 mph all by itself...with my foot off the pedal and all. But, this is not the point of this post...

I'm going to attempt a couple of shirts. The first one involves a t-shirt knit material (I'm planning on leaving the edges raw and just letting them roll on their own...it should be simple)...we'll see how that goes though. The other is very cute in my head. Probably won't be so much in real life. If only we could zap the image that we have in our mind into the real world. That would be so much easier!!! :-) So, if they come out cute...I'll post. If not...I'll tell you, and won't post it!

1 comments:

Lindsey said...

ha I love that picture!! What a cool dream. I think American Gladiator would be so fun! I also think you should teach me to be a cool seamstress like you. I haven't sewn in 10 years on account of that stupid broken sewing machine that my father won't get out of his attic!! How's your cool new house coming along?