Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Tis the season...

...to be pregnant?!?
Is it just me or is half of the female population that I am acquainted with pregnant? I think that in the last two months I have found out and know...9 people who are pregnant...yes, this includes you Jenny. :-) Sort of weird. Here is what I'm realizing, well, I have had two realizations lately...and they are both some what related in a weird way.

Realization #1: I was watching Wheel of Fortune last night and there was a girl on the show who looked like my age. I thought to myself, "Hey, I bet I'm the same age as her." When they did the little intro thing where they tell where they are from and what they do, she said that she was a 6th grade teacher. I thought, "What? You're too young to be a 6th grade teacher becuase, well, I'm too young to be a 6th grade teacher." Then it hit me....No, I'm not too young to be a 6th grade teacher. Weird. I really feel like I'm 19 or 20 still. I mean granted, I'm only 23 but I'm at the age where people have "professions," full blown 401K, retirement package professions. I don't have one of these, which I'm ok with but yeah...I just "feel" like everyone else should be in my boat.

Realization #2: I am at the age where my friends CAN be pregnant and it's not scandalous (that probably sounds terrible but I had a friend in 6th grade who was pregnant...I also lived in North Carolina so things were a bit different there). Weird. This is why I know so many people who are pregnant obviously. So, I guess the rest of the world is growing up fast and Jas and I are taking it a little slower than the average Christian couple. That's ok. The Lord has His ways and we know He is perfect and sovereign in all that He does. Plus...dating is pretty fun all things considering. It has a lot less responsibilities...not that we will do it forever. Gotta be realistic now! :-)

And finally...here is my purse that I made.


Here is where I messed up...
And here it is in full along with the printer at my work, (it's kind of a slubby purse-I don't know if that description helps you at all but it's the first thing I thought of). It looks lop-sided becuase it has my sweater in it but it actually isn't-surprisingly enough!
Next on the list of things to make before I bust out the quilt....pillows and a rag doll!!! Random eh? Yay! I'm excited for both. The pillows are for yours truly and the rag doll for Jason's niece Alexis. (I'm practicing my mad sewing machine skills on other things before I go and ruin something that costs a lot of $$$, i.e. a quilt)

2 comments:

jenny said...

CUTE purse! I love it! Can you make me one?? :-) You're becoming very crafty - in a good way, not in a cunning and evil way.
About the pregnancies... I know a billion people too that are prego and it's crazy... but I think you're right, it's our age. It cracked me up the other day because a friend offered to throw me a baby shower soon and I thought to myself, "I cannot be having a baby shower... this is nuts. I haven't even THOUGHT about what I may need." I was a little resistant in my heart at first because I thought she was pushing me too fast! :-) But I'm okay now... just makes you think... how fast life is going!

Kali said...

Anna, I think I've come to both of those realization in the last year or so, too! It is really strange when you feel like all around you everyone your age is "growing up" when you yourself feel like you can't possibly be an adult. Dan & I had one of those weird moments just last week when we were trying to lay out some plans for the next few years -- we can't really be old enough to be making "5-10 year plans" can we?!

Also, your purse is really cute! It looks like a California purse to me - in a good way :-)