Monday, March 3, 2008

I stole $10 and a box of cookies from a Girl Scout

So, I went to the bank on Fri. Upon arriving I saw that there was one of my beloved Girl Scouts selling those yummy Carmel Delight cookies. I had just took out a $20 bill from the ATM and so I bought a box for "$6". I place $6 into quotes for a reason! :-)


When counting out the change to me the little girl went, "10, and 1, 2, 3, 4, $14!" I said thank you and walked away. It was 6:00pm and it was pretty dark at that point. I didn't count the money becuase I couldn't really see it. I just stuffed it into my wallet. After that I went to the movie store and got a movie. When I went to pay for the movie I was going to pull out the $10 bill I thought I had. It wasn't there. All I had was a $20 bill and 4- $1 bills. I was so confused. So I paid for the movie and sat in the car wondering how this could happen. Then it hit me! The little girl...probably becuase it was dark and she couldn't see either, gave me BACK my $20 thinking that it was a $10 bill and gave me 4- $1 bills to go with it. So, I basically ended up with a box of Girl Scout cookies and $4 more then I started with...since the box cost $6 I pretty much gained $10 out of the deal and the cookies. Anyways, when I went back to fix the damage done they had already left. Darn. Sorry Girl Scouts of America. I'll try to make it up to you! :-)

4 comments:

jenny said...

Oh I LOVE Carmel Delights! Just finished off a box. $6 for a box out there?? There are $3.50 out here! Man oh man... enjoy the cookies!

Kate said...

Carmel Delights are my favorite too! Yummy! I can't wait to get some myself. Too bad the kids were gone when you went back, but how nice to have free cookies! :)

Kristen Borland said...

Wow, Carmel Delights are my favorite too!! Hmm... wish I had some right now...

Brianna Heldt said...

HA! Oh man that is a great story! Not everyone can say they stole money and cookies from the girl scouts! :)