Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter, pancakes, and warm, sunny days

I love sunny, warm weekends! I especially love it when Easter is warm and beautiful. Not sure why. I guess it's fun to wear spring time dresses. I didn't this year though. I wore a pink shirt...that's close enough. I also forgot to wear deodorant to church...ewww. I am not one of those dainty girls who barely sweat and when they do it hardly smells. When I'm hot, I sweat...and it smells rather ripe. So, sorry about the b.o. yesterday. Anyways...

The Good Friday service was...wonderful. Not sure what it was about it that I really loved. I think that my attitude and mind was just "prepared". It's funny the difference I see in my attention span and desire to worship when I "prepare" myself before service. On Friday I really tried to contemplate what it was that Jesus did for us through out the day. So, when I went to the service on Friday it was a continuation of the mindset that I was already in. Sometimes at Sunday services I feel distracted and scatter-brained. I noticed though that if I spend some time with the Lord on my own before going to church that I focus better and just seem to absorb more. I think I just get distracted to easily...oh well. I also loved the social time after Friday's service. I haven't done much of that between services lately because I've started teaching Sunday school and have to go straight there. I love teaching Sunday school but I didn't realize how much I missed that aspect of church until Fri. Oh well, if that's the only sacrifice I have to make in order to serve...I guess I can suck it up, eh?

So, the weekend. Jason took me to breakfast on Sat. morning. I am not a big breakfast eater but I L-O-V-E pancakes. They are my great obsession. I mean come on, you have bread, butter, and sugar. There just isn't much better than that. Breakfast dates are great too!!! Then we window shopped at the "Granite Staircase" and got a book on how to build your own climbing wall (it was free!). After that we ventured over to Art's where Jason got to joyously use a part of his tax refund to buy a new pair of baggies (Mountain biking shorts. They have the spandex with the "butt cushion" on the inside and the loose shorts on the outside). He was excited about that. He was eager to go on a ride to try them out but I had a headache so he went alone, and I went home and finished my mom's apron. After that I went Easter shopping and whipped up a little Easter basket for Jason...the good news is that I also got one from him! What a nice boy! :-) Somewhere in there we tried to convince Jason's parents of the benefit there would be in having a climbing wall built in their garage. They just didn't really see eye to eye with us...bummer. :-)

Sunday was very nice! Church, Sunday school, afternoon mountain bike ride, and family who feeds us. The Easter lesson with the kids was so good! I used colored jelly beans to tell the Easter story (which Dori also handed out in their Easter goody bags). I didn't let the kids use carpet squares and I sat on the floor with them. They were completely in my bubble and in my face but they PAID ATTENTION and were really into it. It's possible that this can be attributed to the fact that they had a cup of jelly beans in their hand which they knew they could eat at the end of the lesson. I would say a line of the story and call out the color that went with it and they had to find it in their cup...like"Black is for the sin and evil that was plotted that night". Then they repeated back to me what the color stood for. Good job kids!

So, the weekend was great. So nice. Now it's back to the grind!

0 comments: