Tuesday, March 11, 2008

3 Day Weekends are the Best!

Yesterday I took a day off and had a three day weekend. We were thinking about going snowboarding or seeing "Wicked" in LA but we ended up just hanging out. So, here are the happenings for the weekend/Mon:

Sat.
-Went on a ride. Ben's bike broke and so he had to turn around and go back...never fun. We kept going though (don't worry, we tried to turn back with him but he insisted that we should keep going and not turn back.)
-Had Muzzio's for lunch...a deli downtown that has all of this yummy imported food. My favorite sandwich has fresh buffalo mozzeralla, basil leafs, roma tomatoes, and balsamic vinegar on a sourdough roll...YUMMMM! We also spotted some "Lady Fingers" while we were there and so that inspired Jason to make his true authentic Italian tiramisu (a recipe that he got from his italian professor in Italy). Needless to say, Jason's parents and I were quite excited to get to take part in that treat!

Sun.
-Went to church, which is always fun!
-Had lunch with my fam at Costco...yum! :-)
-Went climbing at SLO-Op and conquered some new routes...which my arms are still sore from!
-Watched the edited version of "Troy" on AMC. It was ok. It's one of those movies where you can truly say, "Everyone dies in the end."
-Stayed up till 12am and finished my purse that I have been working on. I like it. The colors are bold but fun. It was a simple pattern...well, there wasn't a pattern. I think I saw the same design somewhere and went with it. Let's see if I can get a picture on here.

Mon.
-Slept in...yay!
-Went to Linnea's for lattes and apple turnovers.
-Browsed Mountain Air Sports.
-Tried climbing again...big mistake. I was so weak and tired from the day before.
-Went on a ride...that felt good.
-Got my $10 tax refund in the mail...wowie wow, I will try not to spend it all in one place.
-Even more exciting, I got my fabric samples in the mail. Yay. I think that I will be going with the last fabric post. It's super fun!

3 comments:

jenny said...

Oh Anna... sounds like a wonderful weekend. And I agree with you and caution you not to spend all your tax refund in one place... that would be unwise. :-) Wish I could have joined you for some of that out-to-eat food!

Liv said...

ok, i had to catch up on your past three blogs, so funny! You are hilarious! the cheese on the chin, to funny and the man in the beanie! I am continually intertained by your randomness, oh and they poem, I was hearing this wierd rap music as I read it, dont ask me why but I did and it was a great poem!

Jason and Anna said...

That's funny becuase I was thinking the poem in weird rap music! I'm glad you heard that too! :-)