Friday, March 7, 2008

*Sigh* It's Friday

Here is a super corny little poem about Friday that I thought of in the shower this morning...

It's 6am, the alarm clock sounds,
I can't seem to get up today.
The fifth day, it seems like the tenth,
I push the snooze, "just five more minutes,"
Maybe I can call in sick?

I come to my senses, throw off the covers,
And scamper to the shower.
Open the drawer, look at my jeans,
But some how end up in trousers.
Comtemplate flip-flops, those won't go
Grab uncomfortable shoes.
Paint on make-up, a wet sloppy bun?
No, that just won't do.
Plug in the blow dryer, brush my hair,
Run out the door, I'm five minutes late.
I forgot my lunch, and to brush my teeth,
But wait...

Today is the fifth day and we know what that means...

It's Friday and tomorrow I can...
Push the snooze a hundred times,
and pretend to be sick.
But, who wants to do that when it's Saturday
and I can wear my jeans and "flips"
I can not brush my hair, and not wear make-up,
although I probably will. :-)
I can do whatever I want, it's the weekend and...
can you tell that I'm only slightly thrilled?!?

So, here's to all of you working peeps who know exactly what I mean!!!:-) I would imagine that this applies also to all of the very noble stay at home mamma's who get to have their husbands home to help with the kiddies! Yay for Friday!!!!

1 comments:

jenny said...

I like your poem! Such a poet you are, Annamaria! OHhh Anna... I do enjoy reading your posts as well. You make me smile and laugh and I feel like I just get you. I'm glad you laugh at my posts, because that's what I'm feeling like most of the time - so laughable and stupid!! :-) You get me... and I appreciate it. :-) Eat a Kona's for me soon, okay?