Friday, February 15, 2008

A Blog a Day, Mon-Fri...

I just realized that I wrote a blog entry every day this week (at least Mon-Thur.). I wasn't planning on writing one today...I don't have much to say...but I realized that if I do than I will have a Blog entry for Mon-Fri. Wow, that's a lot of blogging. I really wish that I wasn't so bored at work every day. I think that I may start looking for another job...but what?

I can get an Admin. job kind of like this one (but with more work) and get paid about $12-$18 with benny's! I don't particularly like this kind of work though. I mean I can do it and it's not terrible. What I would LOVE to do though is work at The Cakery (a cake shop here in SLO). They had a job opening not very long ago that started at part time, they trained you to decorate cakes, and then would move you up to full time. I think the pay was not much over minimum wage though to start. I would love to bake and decorate cakes some day. I love doing stuff like that and even have sketches of cake ideas. I would also love to find a profession that I can do from home and that uses my creativity. I guess this is one of my BHAG's as Tim puts it. Who knows what will happen though.

Jobs like THAT sound fun...even if I never do it for a real profession. The problem though lies in cost of living in SLO. Minimum wage just won't cut it. So, for now I will pray for joy in my current job and opportunities for me to make my job a little more exciting by sharing my faith and making lasting relationships with the lost who need the Lord here and now.

1 comments:

jenny said...

Are you going to switch jobs? Not to the cake one, but the admin job? Oh Anna... I wish we all could work our dream job without having to worry about money. I will pray that you have joy today too. :-) Hope you V-day was wonderful too.