Wednesday, February 13, 2008

February Sunburns

Well, it's Wednesday and I meant to write about my fabulous weekend. It was one of those weekends that are just so...fun. Usually I look forward to the weekend but it ends up not being all that special and fun all things considering. Last weekend was great though. It was between 75 and 80 degrees the WHOLE weekend and thus Jason and I, and some friends, basically stayed outside all weekend long...AND I even managed to get a sunburn. A sunburn in February...who thought I would manage that!

So, I had to house sit and watch the Peet's little dog...that was in heat. No more needs to be said except that my family always faithfully neuters our animals and I have never dealt with a dog in heat. I hope to never do it again...yuck! My dear friend Autumn came into town for the weekend for a wedding and so she stayed with me at the Peet's. On Friday night we ended up staying up till 2am just catching up and talking about life. It was so very refreshing. She just knows me quite well and we have a lot of history. It was great.

Then I woke up late, had coffee and tea with Aut in the morning, and finally went on a mountain bike ride at 11am. Our mountain biking friends were out of town and so it was just Jas and I. It was nice to be out there with just him. I love sitting with him and talking at the top of the mountain. This time of year is especially nice becuase it's the time when SLO begins to turn green...so beautiful!

After our ride we met Shannon and Stephen on Madonna Mtn and went on a hike. They are great friends. They are sort of our "couple" friends. Shannon and I usually pair off while Jason and Stephen pair off, then sometimes we talk as a group, and sometimes I even talk with Jason while they talk together...we just feel at ease while we are together. They are really fun people and we always enjoy hanging out with them.

After our hike we decided that since we exercised so much we should reward ourselves with fish and chips from the Custom House in Avila. Jason's brother and sister in law work there and we ended up having...bread and butter, bowls of clam chowder, half a beer each, fish and chips, and this amazing apple fried desert thing. Oh my gosh we were full!!! Uggghh. We only paid for the fish and chips too. Joanna, Tyler's wife, is the manager there so she was able to treat us! Fun stuff! After our disgustingly rich and yummy meal we walked down the Avila pier to digest a little. Walking helps so much with that! Wow. The waves were really big at Avila too. It was neat.

So, we called it a night and the next morning went to church. In Jason and I's Sunday school class we had only 5 kids! That was nice. I love the kids but sometimes it's nice to have a smaller class. We had a blast with them doing things that we wouldn't normally do with say 10-15 kids. After that we conquered Bishop's Peak. It was so crowded. It was a beautiful warm hike and we ended up running down. I'm a bit out of running shape and my legs were quite sore after that. After our Bishop's peak hike we went to Thrifty's and got $1 iceream cones...Chocolate Malted Crunch! Yum! I love that flavor...so good! And finally we ended our day with an evening at SLO-Op climbing gym where I did a climb successfully that I haven't yet been able to do. Yay! So, overall...a fabulous weekend and the weather was amazing. Thank you Lord for blessing us so!

5 comments:

Larissa said...

Hi Anna! Thanks so much for your comment on my blog. Those are all really fun names. I'll have to run them by Darin.
By the way Darin and I both REALLY like the movie August Rush too. =)

jenny said...

Oh Anna, you make me jealous! I'm dying for the weather to be nice so I can get outside and be active. Although there are no mountains here and no ocean, we still want to be outside! Oh well... Soon. I'm glad you had so much fun. I miss my two "A" girls from HS. Wish I could have joined you.

Kate said...

Boy Anna...impressive! What an exerting weekend. Sounds like a blast! I wish that I didn't have to work around the girls' live so much and could get out and exercise at my own pace more often. Someday...

Liv said...

your life sounds surreal! I know the feeling talking riding bikes, the clear air in slo town and the ocean breaze the the trees, You truely are blessed!

Jason and Anna said...

The funny thing is that I long to get out of SLO sometimes. I don't think that I realize how bad I will miss it when I leave. And yes...I realize I am at a time in my life where I have a lot of freedom and lack of resposibility. It's a beautiful thing. I love not having homework to do on the weekend. I would never have a weekend like that in school! :-)